New car advice - Kia Rio / Kia C'eed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think you are entitled to a reduction of 15-20%

Are you buying three?

Nope, just thought they had more flexibility in their price than £300. Like I said I may be completely wrong and maybe my mum got them on a good day, just wondered.

OK a little bit more info please now guys. Went for a drive and the car was great, so sat down and talked numbers, the list price is £10,855 and the guy reckons the best he can do is knock £300 off. I was expecting more in the region of about £1500 - £2000, but am I just expecting too much or is his offer offensive?! My mum bought a new Beetle six months ago and got £2k off so I was basing it on that.

Shop around once you have the car you after. My Dad was eyeing his up for ages, walked in one dealership didn't like the deal, walked out. Went to Loughborough and got a deal he was more comfortable with.

Shop around once you have the car you after. My Dad was eyeing his up for ages, walked in one dealership didn't like the deal, walked out. Went to Loughborough and got a deal he was more comfortable with.

Yeah I might try that Hazz, spoken to my mum and she played two dealerships off each other aswell.

Also I don't know if I am doing my maths incorrectly here, so any financial guys take a look please!

OTR = £10,835
Deposit = £300

Leaving £10,535

He said their rate for finance was 4.5% (seems ridiculously low to me, but even at 8% I don't get his value)

10535 * 1.045 = 11010
10535 * 1.080 (for 8%) = 11378

so over 5 years I get £184 or £190 a month.

He said it would be £225 a month, am I working out the interest wrongly?

Sorry to get all Joe_ but it's confusing me!

Nope, just thought they had more flexibility in their price than £300. Like I said I may be completely wrong and maybe my mum got them on a good day, just wondered.

Is that from Francis Seat? Try GK Seat at Pride Park, I got mine from there and they were cheaper on new and used cars compared to Francis. If you do buy from there though, just make sure they fill the paperwork in properly, i had them on the phone last week trying to bully me into a service that had already been done on the car prior to me buying it... hadnt updated their records at all.

I'm sure you'll find that they are more likely to do a good deal at the end of the month to hit targets.

Is that from Francis Seat? Try GK Seat at Pride Park, I got mine from there and they were cheaper on new and used cars compared to Francis. If you do buy from there though, just make sure they fill the paperwork in properly, i had them on the phone last week trying to bully me into a service that had already been done on the car prior to me buying it... hadnt updated their records at all.

Will do cheers, it was Francis so I will try the others.

Just go quiet on them for a few days, they'll soon increase that.

That's my plan, or I might try to play them off GK tomorrow

I'm sure you'll find that they are more likely to do a good deal at the end of the month to hit targets.

Interesting point, see how I get on tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I think he was working out the interest on a compound basis, but that is more expensive than a normal loan so not a good deal at all.

Beights have you tried some of the major car supermarkets? They often do new deals as well as used.

We are not ready to buy the mazda yet for the mrs but I have shopped around already and i can get a new one with upto 2k off.

Kia - south korean again. It's the south Korea week.

btw Toyota Prius - wonderful car - wish I could afford one.

Beights have you tried some of the major car supermarkets? They often do new deals as well as used.

We are not ready to buy the mazda yet for the mrs but I have shopped around already and i can get a new one with upto 2k off.

Nope haven't, am definately on it though. Got Cates Seat guy running around this morning seeing how cheap he can do it for me. Phoned him at 9 he's not got back to me yet, so maybe he's laughing at me with his manager!

no its not, its shit.

Be sure what you are buying though, if they are imports you may not get full warranty (usually only 2 years as opposed to 3) and youll lose everything you save when it comes to resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46