New car advice - Kia Rio / Kia C'eed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch that, really really like th4e Seat Ibiza 5dr Sport model

I've got the 3 door Ibiza sport and its a great car, comfortable to drive and not too bad on petrol. Would recommend them definitely. You get an aux in point for plugging in your ipod, but as yet I havent bought the cable so I am not sure how good it is.

That one is certainly top of my list, but their website only quotes with a deposit amount so need to talk figures with them. I also am drawn to the iPod thingy Durham mentioned, but can't seem to find the version 2 with the colour screen in the UK.

That one is certainly top of my list, but their website only quotes with a deposit amount so need to talk figures with them. I also am drawn to the iPod thingy Durham mentioned, but can't seem to find the version 2 with the colour screen in the UK.

It's been delayed, you can get a US import but it'll cost you about £300

If it handles the visual and driving test it looks like the Ibiza 5dr is way out in front at the minute, especially with that glorious panoramic sunroof!

Advice on buying a new car - don't! Get one that's six months to three years old, and save an absolute packet. When you buy a brand new car you're flushing a couple of thousand pounds straight down the toilet the moment you drive off the forecourt.

Advice on buying a new car - don't! Get one that's six months to three years old, and save an absolute packet. When you buy a brand new car you're flushing a couple of thousand pounds straight down the toilet the moment you drive off the forecourt.

But the models I like are either not available on 6 monthers or are only about £500 cheaper. I concede your point but unless I get a different car it's not practical in this instance.

Lose 17.5% in VAT straight away.

Thing is I'll have it on a balloon payment/contract hire deal, and at the end will trade it in for a new car, so I'm sure the losing money thing is a huge deal, as they will give me a pre-agreed trade in value at the beginning.

mine was six months old when purchased, saved £3k

Cate, you seem to have stumbled into a motoring thread...

media-v194899k5qmYRBa1167690095.jpg

Just realised that the Ibiza Sport offers no benefit that I need over the SE model, and the SE comes with cruise control as standard, something I would pay for on the Sport.

I'm not driving a Mini Metro

Saw the new Ibiza at the weekend, lovely. Going for a test drive tonight.

Havent read the whole thread so dont know if you have, but have you thought about the Mazda 3? Good car based on a ford focus with good choice of engines, some decent finance deals, bullett proof reliability, I have been looking fo the mrs and she fancies one of these.

OK a little bit more info please now guys. Went for a drive and the car was great, so sat down and talked numbers, the list price is £10,855 and the guy reckons the best he can do is knock £300 off. I was expecting more in the region of about £1500 - £2000, but am I just expecting too much or is his offer offensive?! My mum bought a new Beetle six months ago and got £2k off so I was basing it on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46