New car advice - Kia Rio / Kia C'eed

Status
Not open for further replies.
10k online, i'd be looking at nearer 9k. Are you a cash buyer or using finance?

Finance with minimal deposit so not in the strongest of positions. I'm relying on the market helping me out! My budget is about £150 a month, which I can get the Rio for without any discount, the C'eed comes in at around £200 a month at OTR price, so if I can get them down below 10k then it will start to edge nearer my budget, I'm hoping.

Are you a cash buyer or using finance?

Finance with minimal deposit so not in the strongest of positions.

On the contrary. Providing that your credit line is good you might be in the strongest of positions - the dealer will get a bunce out of any finance that he manages to sell you.

My point exactly, sign up to finance and you could see a healthy discount.

HOWEVER! Make sure that the total price you pay via dealer finance is less that the price you'd pay by taking out a normal loan. There is no point in the dealer knocking off 500 quid by using his finance if it costs you more long term.

Also call three or four dealers, play them off against each other, don;t just buy from the local one. They will still have to service and warranty even if bought from another branch.

One thing Kia? Really!?

On the contrary. Providing that your credit line is good you might be in the strongest of positions - the dealer will get a bunce out of any finance that he manages to sell you.

I did one of those equifax credit reports the other day and although I couldn't really make head or tail of it, it all looked green so assume it's good!

Weve got the Ceed SW, Diesel. The missus drives it and loves it. Well built, nice interior, lots of extras for the dough, and 50 to 60 to the gallon. Good Luck.

Weve got the Ceed SW, Diesel. The missus drives it and loves it. Well built, nice interior, lots of extras....

That's enough about the missus - what about the car ?

Might look at the diesel Rio actually, apparantly it's much quieter. Don't know about the insurance though

Might look at the diesel Rio actually, apparantly it's much quieter. Don't know about the insurance though

Can only see it bringing the premium down from a petrol model.

Incidentally on the whole deisel thing, I read a report recntly which suggests with the large jump in the cost of diesel compared to petrol (obviously both have gone up a lot but diesel used to be only slightly dearer, its now much dearer) you'd generally have to do 40,000+ miles a year for it to make economic sense.

Can only see it bringing the premium down from a petrol model.

Incidentally on the whole deisel thing, I read a report recntly which suggests with the large jump in the cost of diesel compared to petrol (obviously both have gone up a lot but diesel used to be only slightly dearer, its now much dearer) you'd generally have to do 40,000+ miles a year for it to make economic sense.

To be honest it was more for the extra kick it mentions and the quiter motorway noise.

I think the day you need to buy a diesel to get more power and a quieter ride is the day you need to reasses your purchasing options :)

I'm sure that makes sense but as you may have realised my knowledge of car specifics is very nearly zilch! I am currently trying to decide based on the quality of the dashboard console!

I'm sure that makes sense but as you may have realised my knowledge of car specifics is very nearly zilch! I am currently trying to decide based on the quality of the dashboard console!

You won't be buying a Kia then :)

My advice would be to look at a nearly new Golf/Leon/A3 (all the same car as the C'eed) which will all be a similar price

The c'eed looks very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47