New ex-players (and managers) thread

I bumped into Martin Keown in a pub in Oxford on Saturday night following a wedding.

Lovely bloke, took a photo with myself and the happy couple and stuck around for a good chat.

Scott Gemmil was the most talented player in that famous Leicester squad according to Martin.....

A proper glowing endorsement to how absolutely shit we actually were.

A proper glowing endorsement to how absolutely shit we actually were.
I wanted to press him and ask if he meant to say David Connolly but I let it slide.

Max Gradel has secured a new 4-year deal at Bournemouth.

Apparently Brighton have rejected a bid from Newcastle for Knockaert.

Correct. And he's just put us 2-1 up!
I see Colombia got it back to a 2-2 finish, which was also the score in one of the few City games that Ajdarevic was involved in and as can be seen what a way we've come in 7 Years since.

Leicester 2-2 Carlisle
Substitute Scott Dobie's injury-time header salvaged a draw for struggling Carlisle and cut Leicester's lead at the top of League One to two points.

Michael Bridges shot the Cumbrians ahead from close range but Matt Oakley levelled, slotting home from a cross.

Matt Fryatt seemed to have won the game for the Foxes when he headed in Lloyd Dyer's centre with two minutes left.

But the late drama was not over and Dobie headed in Michael Liddle's fine cross in the 92nd minute.

Leicester: Warner, Gilbert (Brown 46), Hobbs, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Gradel (Ajdarevic 70), Oakley, Andy King, Dyer, Fryatt, Howard.
Subs Not Used: Pentney, Berner, Dickov.
Goals: Oakley 52, Fryatt 88.

I see Colombia got it back to a 2-2 finish, which was also the score in one of the few City games that Ajdarevic was involved in and as can be seen what a way we've come in 7 Years since.

Leicester 2-2 Carlisle
Substitute Scott Dobie's injury-time header salvaged a draw for struggling Carlisle and cut Leicester's lead at the top of League One to two points.

Michael Bridges shot the Cumbrians ahead from close range but Matt Oakley levelled, slotting home from a cross.

Matt Fryatt seemed to have won the game for the Foxes when he headed in Lloyd Dyer's centre with two minutes left.

But the late drama was not over and Dobie headed in Michael Liddle's fine cross in the 92nd minute.

Leicester: Warner, Gilbert (Brown 46), Hobbs, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Gradel (Ajdarevic 70), Oakley, Andy King, Dyer, Fryatt, Howard.
Subs Not Used: Pentney, Berner, Dickov.
Goals: Oakley 52, Fryatt 88.

Interesting that three of the team went on to play Premier League football, and three more almost made it but not quite.

Interesting that three of the team went on to play Premier League football, and three more almost made it but not quite.
The three who did: King, Fryatt and Gradel
The three who almost did: Mattock, Hobbs and Dyer(?)

The three who did: King, Fryatt and Gradel
The three who almost did: Mattock, Hobbs and Dyer(?)

That's my working. Mattock had a run out in the League Cup but no Prem games for WBA, Dyer got a squad number with Watford last season then left, and Hobbsy, despite coming back from a serious injury and shoring up their defence for Hull to grab the second spot in 2012-13, was told he wasn't part of Brucie's Premier plans and spent half of the next season on loan to Forest, before joining on a permanent basis, expecting to be reach the Premier League with them....

Hobbs must obviously have given up on premier league football as he's now rumoured to be joining dirty Leeds.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663