New ex-players (and managers) thread

Except in Kante's case he still turned up, his form didn't drop off the face of the earth and apparently he never caused any problems.
He did cause problems, approximately half teh size of teh ones Mahrez created.

By having a release clause in his contract so he could bugger off after only a year for nowhere near his real value.

I'd rather have kept him for another two years, and got twice the fee for him when he eventuality left.
We would all have loved the little man to stay, but it wasn't going to happen.
Still, some money was recouped from DD transfer. (Also thanks to Sven showing interest )

By having a release clause in his contract so he could bugger off after only a year for nowhere near his real value.

I'd rather have kept him for another two years, and got twice the fee for him when he eventuality left.
I’m just glad he came to us at all so we were able to have *that* season.

A Kante who insisted on a release clause which meant he left for nowhere his real value, was better than no Kante at all. If that’s what was necessary to get him and have that season, so be it.

At least by negotiating the release clause in his contract everyone knew where they stood. Mahrez was the dumb one for not getting one into his contract and then expecting a move.

Probably would but I was just pointing out that Kante went about getting a move in a more acceptable way.
And therein lies my point. I couldn't give a flying **** how each of them went about it, they are all better than what we have right now and we'd be lucky to have any of them back here. It's football, it's not a morality or popularity contest. Better players win you more things.

But at the time of signing no one knew how good of a player he would turn out to be.

I honestly couldn't give less of a shit how much our players love the club, whether they're just using the club to get a move to a bigger one, what release clauses they've got in their contracts. Loyalty in football is nonsense. Doesn't exist. It's a short career, might as well squeeze every penny you can out of it.

Liam Moore has handed in a transfer request, he was linked to a couple of prem sides earlier in the summer

It’s not about wanting to leave it about how they go about doing it and Mahrez and to a lesser extent Drinkwater were pricks about it

It’s not about wanting to leave it about how they go about doing it and Mahrez and to a lesser extent Drinkwater were pricks about it
Don’t know if it is that much better to have a clause and make use of it. The reason there was so little fuzz around it was that it was camouflaged by happening during the summer break when we were all still delirious

Kante left and was pretty much guaranteed to start every game for them. Drinky went there and had **** all chance of that. I'm quite surprised he's got the game time he has really. I don't think I'd welcome a player back who is motivated purely by the sponds like.

Who cares? Why do they care? People put way too much emphasis on this kind of bollocks.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463