New ex-players (and managers) thread

Anyone else noticed that Wesley Fofana has disappeared from football?

He made a ghost appearance last night. When Chelsea brought on David Fofana the commentator referred to him as Wes.

Who gives a ****? He's history.

Who gives a ****? He's history.
I give a **** because I was really disappointed when he left but it is beginning to look like fantastic business by the club. 75 million for a player that is continually getting injured.

I know it might be a stretch...but I wonder. I just wonder. If Man City don't win the PL (& maybe even fall into third behind United or the Toon) AND they manage to not win the CL yet again, is Guardiola still in a job?

After spending the national debt of a small nation & still not having that big cup in the cabinet I just wonder. Especially if they lose the PL title to a club he sold 2 players to in the summer.

I think if there was some young up & coming manager that was pulling up trees at a high level he'd be gone. The fact there isn't will probably save him but surely someone will eventually work out what a ****ing fraud he is. I can't ****ing wait.

I know it might be a stretch...but I wonder. I just wonder. If Man City don't win the PL (& maybe even fall into third behind United or the Toon) AND they manage to not win the CL yet again, is Guardiola still in a job?

After spending the national debt of a small nation & still not having that big cup in the cabinet I just wonder. Especially if they lose the PL title to a club he sold 2 players to in the summer.

I think if there was some young up & coming manager that was pulling up trees at a high level he'd be gone. The fact there isn't will probably save him but surely someone will eventually work out what a ****ing fraud he is. I can't ****ing wait.

Poor, poor, Pep.

Poor, poor, Pep.

What a bellend. Absolutely shite manager whose only actual skill, other than Jedi mind tricking everyone into believing he’s a tactical genius, is buying expensive players he’s seen on telly and pointing them towards the opposition goal. That’s finally stopped working this season so he’s bought himself a well-thumbed excuse-a-day calendar off eBay from kloppj67. Wanker.

He made a ghost appearance last night. When Chelsea brought on David Fofana the commentator referred to him as Wes.

On MOTD he was captioned as Fofana = presumably means there is only one. In another part of the forest, our sub was captioned N. Mendy - did we sign another one and I didn't notice?

There's some weird shit going on.

There's no way they get rid of him IMO. He has huge influence at that club, even off the field. They're building themselves around him.

I still think they'll win the league anyway.

I don't think Pep is a fraud. I'd say he's a pretty good manager to be honest. True, he's always had seemingly endless funds to support him, but he still has to get his teams playing well, and factoring in the calibre of players he has to manage, he does well. I imagine it's tough managing 20 odd super egos on unimaginable salaries. Of course, we'll never know if he would do well at a struggling, cash-strapped, team as he'll never take a job like that. His record speaks for itself. He's a very successful manager.

He's a very successful manager.
He actually isn't. Not in relative terms.

1) Barcelona.

Walked into the manager's seat at a club he'd been at for years & knew inside out. A team that were ALREADY one of the best in the world, filled with star quality & top level experience. PLUS a certain Mr L. Messi, in his early twenties at the time & at the start of a run of form that would see him become the best player in the world over the next decade. The number of games in that period that Messi won almost single handedly is pretty much impossible to count. It was probably harder NOT to win the CL with that team.

Overrated.

2) Bayern

**** all.

Absolutely **** all. Dominant domestically before he got there. Dominant domestically while he was there. Dominant domestically after he left. Nothing in the champions league.
The dream team of me & my mate Dozy Dave could have won the Bundesliga with that squad. Big ****ing deal.

3) Man City

Spends a ****ing billion quid & wins the PL. As you would. As you're supposed to.
Both of his predecessors also won it. Again, big ****ing deal.

Deepest squad in the league, most expensive squad in the entire ****ing world. How amazing to actually win your league. Who woulda thunk it ?

But as everyone knows, he was employed for only one reason. To crack the next level & win the champions league. & yet he manages to outspend every club on the planet & still not manage it. Struggles to even make the final.

AND that includes losing a semi-final to Spurs.

****ING SPURS !!

This was prime bottle artist era Spurs too. At the time they held the record for the most consecutive losses in major semi-finals. A team conditioned to blow it at the last hurdle. & he managed to lose to them.

If I recall correctly that was mostly due to a universally baffling team selection in the away leg.

So, 2 huge clubs have employed him specifically to win one competition & he's spent 12 years failing to do so. Despite a virtually unlimited budget for most of that time.

Successful manager ? In pure numbers, sure, yes.

In terms of achievement relative to resources ? Bollocks.

& a transcendant footballing genius, as we're constantly being told ?

Suck my ****ing cock.

Chancer. Fraud.

The Boris Johnson of world football.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758