New ex-players (and managers) thread

100%. People were too busy criticising his private life, the fact he liked to smile, the fact he liked to show off etc....

What they were missing was how fantastic he was for us. He's the bargain of the season so far and has been far and away Spurs' best player along with Bissouma.
I was busy criticising the fact he played like a gutless wanker for half a season and said utterly bizarre shit like we'll be fine if we play like we did at Southampton.

I was also critical of him helping to get us relegated but Yea he's a great player and I love seeing him trying again now....

I was busy criticising the fact he played like a gutless wanker for half a season and said utterly bizarre shit like we'll be fine if we play like we did at Southampton.

I was also critical of him helping to get us relegated but Yea he's a great player and I love seeing him trying again now....

Absolutely this

We all new he was an absolutely sensational player but, apart from maybe the last couple of games, he played like a complete arse and his stinking attitude was symptomatic of a team that shouldn’t have been relegated in a squillionty years. He should always carry that medal of abject failure with him wherever he goes

So yeah, let’s all cheer him now he’s actually bothering to play properly for ****ing Spurs

Last edited:
He'll probably be playing in a division below us next season.

So Barnes starts for Newcastle and then subbed off after 12 minutes (don't know why) - Gordon comes on and now newcastle are rampant at Sheff Utd - our 0-9 record away win against Southhampton is under threat

Absolutely this

We all new he was an absolutely sensational player but, apart from maybe the last couple of games, he played like a complete arse and his stinking attitude was symptomatic of a team that shouldn’t have been relegated in a squillionty years. He should always carry that medal of abject failure with him wherever he goes

So yeah, let’s all cheer him now he’s actually bothering to play properly for ****ing Spurs
I'm not 'cheering him' now he's playing for Spurs, whatever the flap that means. Let's not just make shit up as per usual.

A few folk think he played badly last season; that doesn't make it a fact. For the vast majority of the season, he was our only decent footballer. Many are willing to give other players a break based on how badly managed they were but Maddison seems not to have been afforded this. He didn't down tools, he didn't choose to put himself out wide, he didn't choose to be stuck with that slug Soumare next to him or an Ndidi who had completely forgotten how a football works. He was thrown under the bus by a **** of a manager just as everyone of them were.

Anyway, it's all history now. He was ****ing brilliant for us and, so far, he's been ****ing brilliant for Spurs. I guess that's because he's a brilliant player.

Spurs are very happy with our James Maddison, we're very happy with their Harry Winks.
Good all round.

A bit like Ndidi then, but all seems to be forgotten there.

A bit like Ndidi then, but all seems to be forgotten there.

Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vardy, Faes, Ward, Souttar, Iversen, Ricardo, KDH, Daka etc. etc.

They all carry that medal of dishonour

But they’re all still here trying to pull us out of the festering shitheap they stuck us in - and none of them have the talent of a Maddison, who could have pulled us out of it on his own

But he didn’t

Maddison is a phenomenal player.

So is Tielemans, or at least he was.

Evans too.

Doesn’t mean I have to like them though. In fact I think all three didn’t do nearly enough.

Perhaps in time my view will soften, I mainly blame Rodgers, but as it is Im still furious with all 3.

Christ, he’s mellowed. What happened to the Nigel Pearson who could have an argument in an empty room?
That side of him went into decline around the same time as his managerial ability.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663