New ex-players (and managers) thread

Dunno, managed Melton Town for a bit, don’t know if he still does. During his playing career, most managers very quickly decided he had a bad attitude and did what they could to bin him off.
I think you’re right that he did for a short while but he definitely isn’t now and hasn’t done for a while. I know the current manger and his dad (the owner of the club).

I know it's pre season & thats exactly what these games are for but **** me Chelsea players don't have the first clue how to play in that system do they?
I guess it's lucky for them that after the opener against Pep Prime their first few games look pretty soft.

I know it's pre season & thats exactly what these games are for but **** me Chelsea players don't have the first clue how to play in that system do they?
I guess it's lucky for them that after the opener against Pep Prime their first few games look pretty soft.
They’re the sort of games the pressure will be on, though

Perhaps shows how well our players did to adapt so quickly as well. If we hadn’t hit the ground running, there was no guarantee we were going up.

On Trey Nyoni from the Times today

While Jones’s evening was disappointingly cut short it gave an opportunity to Trey Nyoni, the attacking midfielder who turned 17 last month.
Nyoni has stood out to the club’s staff since his transfer from Leicester City last year and earned his first-team debut last season, becoming Liverpool’s youngest debutant in the FA Cup when he came on as a substitute aged 16.
And based on his showing on Friday night, Slot might want to start considering how he can use Nyoni this season. “You can see his quality,” Slot said. “He needs some time to grow to play at Premier League level but he’s an interesting player.”
Jones was solid enough in the middle but Nyoni really caught the eye after replacing him. He was able to dictate the play, slowing the pace down when needed and triggering attacks with excellent through balls that broke the lines.
He exuded confidence, could find his way out of tight spaces, and did not look out of place in a first-half XI that was full of first-team experience. Regardless of the extent of Jones’s injury, he showed enough in his 45-minute cameo to earn himself another start on this tour.

Schmeichal playing under Rodgers leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45