New ex-players (and managers) thread

And a beautiful trophy cabinet behind them too!

Nice reminder that our game against Spurs was at home, and definitely not at theirs.

Why is Richard Gere hugging one of our ex-players?

Safe to say he's got his hands full.

He's right though. This is what Chelsea need; someone to ship out 20 odd players and be honest with them about their futures.

Mind you, it doesn't help when you say shit like this after you bring in a boat load of players that probably aren't good enough to change things....

He's right though. This is what Chelsea need; someone to ship out 20 odd players and be honest with them about their futures.

Mind you, it doesn't help when you say shit like this after you bring in a boat load of players that probably aren't good enough to change things....
I know the answer is "a truck full of money" but I do struggle to understand why players go to Chelsea now. It's a short career.

I know the answer is "a truck full of money" but I do struggle to understand why players go to Chelsea now. It's a short career.

Fofana is the perfect example of why, look at his injury record - he's got 5+ years left of £250k a week. As you say, it's a short career.

1724244745983.png

Fofana is the perfect example of why, look at his injury record - he's got 5+ years left of £250k a week. As you say, it's a short career.

View attachment 18899
Makes Darren Anderton seem positively healthy by comparison.

£250k per week for 7 years. £21 million plus signing on fee.

It’s pretty clear why players go to Chelsea isn’t it.

Didn’t Chelsea have Winston Bogarde on 40k a week sitting in the ressies/sick note years ago when top wages were about that.
They have history

What a complete ****ing shitshow that is. Horrible festering sore of a Club

Doing what he's doing is completely the right thing to do, because 42 players is a complete circus - gonna cause an internal riot, though

And he'd better make sure he picks the right 21 or he's ****ed

Hope they totally **** it up. ****s

Yikes those are pretty big things to be saying in public. Even acknowledging that it looks like a mess is not a good ‘look’ for Chelsea.

Also, ‘I work with my favourites and if you fall out of that favour I send you away to train somewhere else and never again bother myself with you’ is not going to appeal to future targets.

Still, in his own words… not my problem. I don’t genuinely give a **** what happens to Chelsea, with the exception of any points deductions, because if we get one, they absolutely should too.

"I don't care" is absolutely superb. He'll go up in my estimation if he has gone there just to **** shit up and leave ASAP.

I have a strange feeling that if he gets the hoof in November with them in the bottom three he’ll consider that a job well done

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34