New ex-players (and managers) thread

Bollocks. He knew the club he was joining. And he isn’t looking to get fired. He backs himself to be a success there and if he gets fired it will be a failure. And maybe that attitude wont appeal to future targets, but £100,000+ per week over the next 10 years will.

Any manager who joins Chelsea is welcome to the mess that they knew they were inheriting.

Yikes those are pretty big things to be saying in public. Even acknowledging that it looks like a mess is not a good ‘look’ for Chelsea.

Also, ‘I work with my favourites and if you fall out of that favour I send you away to train somewhere else and never again bother myself with you’ is not going to appeal to future targets.

Still, in his own words… not my problem. I don’t genuinely give a **** what happens to Chelsea, with the exception of any points deductions, because if we get one, they absolutely should too
I hope the club gets liquidated and disappears from the face of the earth. They are one of the best examples of why modern day football is ****ing shit. To add, when we play them I hope to god we beat them and Vardy tells everyone of their ****ish contingent to **** off.

Can we have Sterling on the cheap to support Vardy?
Who else is in the 21 rejects that would be useful to us?

I hope the club gets liquidated and disappears from the face of the earth. They are one of the best examples of why modern day football is ****ing shit. To add, when we play them I hope to god we beat them and Vardy tells everyone of their ****ish contingent to **** off.

Aye, this again.

1000002136.jpg

Lovely.

I actually have a mate who is a Chelsea fan. I still wouldn't feel sorry for him. They are too vile an enterprise to feel otherwise.

It's a weird thing to comprehend the Chelsea mate. Do they have to like the NF but live an otherwise normal life? Do they not know how to use a tube to watch a club not much further away.

Tbh Chelsea's entire fan base needs a good studying. Online they're massive in Africa even though their traditional supporters wouldn't welcome anyone from Africa, descended from Africa or aware of Africa as a continent.

It's a weird thing to comprehend the Chelsea mate. Do they have to like the NF but live an otherwise normal life? Do they not know how to use a tube to watch a club not much further away.

Tbh Chelsea's entire fan base needs a good studying. Online they're massive in Africa even though their traditional supporters wouldn't welcome anyone from Africa, descended from Africa or aware of Africa as a continent.
Is that because of the Drogba, Essien effect?

Is that because of the Drogba, Essien effect?

Most likely. We got our own Algerian followers with Mahrez. What we didn't have was a supporter base that hated Algerians as part of our identity. Weird stuff. I wonder what % of Chelsea's worldwide support would be stopped from getting on a train by their traditional support.

TBF, Rodgers wanted him back, but we couldn't afford him. Hence signing no one that preseason.
It's not so much whether he was here or not, more Rodgers inability to get anything out of him even if he'd come back. The **** ruins players.

Fofana is the perfect example of why, look at his injury record - he's got 5+ years left of £250k a week. As you say, it's a short career.

View attachment 18899

At least Fofana is in their starting lineup when fit. They have plenty of players who have never and will never get a sniff.

Absolute mess of a club.

And that's coming from us.

Bollocks. He knew the club he was joining. And he isn’t looking to get fired. He backs himself to be a success there and if he gets fired it will be a failure. And maybe that attitude wont appeal to future targets, but £100,000+ per week over the next 10 years will.

Any manager who joins Chelsea is welcome to the mess that they knew they were inheriting.

The fact he's made this comments makes me wonder if that was an agreed part of his "project" coming in, to slim down the squad and work with a tight group of players to implement his "philosophy".

The main thing you think of him of when here is "ze system", but he did also implement that pretty quickly when coming here while having to offload players, and worked with a fairly small squad.

All clubs want a "project" and a "philosophy" - and Pep himself works with a small squad generally at Man City. So maybe this was an added part of his appeal to Chelsea.

Either that, or his comments will piss off the madman in charge of that club, and Boehly will be fuming and have him out on his arse even quicker than expected. After all, Maresca has just killed the value of 20+ players in one hit.

Consider the example of Tosin who joined Chelsea this summer when he had many options.

He's one of those excluded from Maresca's plans.

What's that all about?
Admin error apparently. They’ve got so many players they can’t keep track of them all!

They’re a basket case of a club, and Enzo was a complete ****ing idiot to go there. I hope they have yet another shit season.

Consider the example of Tosin who joined Chelsea this summer when he had many options.

He's one of those excluded from Maresca's plans.

What's that all about?

They’ll have twenty highly paid talented high class players (plus Ben Chilwell) effectively sitting around doing nothing

And we are the club who have been investigated and are about to be deducted points

Nothing to see here. Move along now

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34