New ex-players (and managers) thread

If it was romance you were after I'm not surprised he gave you the elbow.
5a5c2cfab5fae18b47fc74556ca8bd00.jpg

And here's a taste of what he could have got....

Cambi is being a bit of an arse atm, he spent last night drinking tinnies down the park and being a general nuisance, he's blaming Marc Albrighton and to be honest, looking at his rat face I'm inclined to believe him.

I did catch him having a kick around in the garden wearing the Cort shirt a few months ago, pretending to be his hero.

Adam Smith has signed for Northampton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33269578

"Everyone knows I got myself in a situation which I'm deeply ashamed of and sorry for," said Smith.

"I'm just pleased the manager here has given me a second chance. He's put his faith in me and it's down to me to repay that in the training ground and on the pitch if he selects me," Smith told BBC Radio Northampton.

"I know the club do a lot for anti-racism and I'm willing to get involved in that. The way the papers said it, it was like all three of us. It was one comment, which wasn't made by me.
"If I put the performances in on the pitch, hopefully the fans can put that behind them and get behind me and the rest of the lads."

"I thought I was gone," he said. "I couldn't leave my house as there was people outside trying to take photos. I felt ashamed, I wouldn't put anyone through that.
"It was a mistake - I regretted it the next morning. Obviously I'm going to get asked about it, but the less I hear about it the better and move on with my career here."

Yes, good luck to the racist twat-act.

There is no evidence to suggest he is racist. He made a (big) mistake and he was justly punished. I don't feel sorry for him in any way and I'm not condoning his actions but he is allowed to move on and I hope he forges a decent career for himself.

Considering that they'll actually get a chance to play some matches, this whole incident could be the best thing to happen to these young men's careers.

Considering that they'll actually get a chance to play some matches, this whole incident could be the best thing to happen to these young men's careers.

They've been playing matches on loan, I've seen all three playing for various lower division clubs in the last few years.
Pearson hasn't made much of an impact at the clubs he's been loaned to and will probably end up in non league.
Hopper did well at Scunthorpe last season, until he got injured.
I saw Smith play for Mansfield towards the end of last season and he looks a decent player.

Pearson jnr is the biggest fool of all of them, clearly not very good at football and ruined his chance of the money coming in from his dads position at the club.

Makes the original transfer of him look extra dodgy, id love to hear why we signed him.

Although we sacked them, do we get any kind of fee as they've come through our academy? Is there something about holding a player's registration that means they couldn't play for another club without our permission?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4575
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463