New ex-players (and managers) thread

Point of order: did he actually play enough for us to be blamed for our relegation.

I wish him well. More power to his elbow etc. Shite captain perhaps but decent enough for us as a player... when he played.

I think that is part of the reason, for many.

Can't blame him for being injured, but as others have said he often still turned up for N.Ireland duty despite having not played for us due to injury.

His commitment last season seemed very questionable and was silent when he was out despite being club captain and the players needing a voice.

"literally".... now you have lost it.

Nah, sorry, I'm not having that. Evans might have shit on your lawn, ****ed your nearest-and-dearest, ducked responsibility at every turn, etc etc etc Might even be the most evil mofucker on the planet, but one thing I cannot blame him for us our relegation. He didn't do enough to cop that one.

He did a decent job for us on the pitch, not free from error but no more than anyone else. And that's how I judge him. I wish him the best accordingly.

How about this then? Club captain during the worst spell as a club we’ve had in a generation, representing a group of players who patently couldn’t give a shit in a locker room that was disintegrating quickly.
Wrong choice as captain, I've agreed there. But what do you want him to do; finger up the hole to induce the shit in them and then wipe their arses too? Collective responsibility only goes so far. I don't actually buy that he wasn't an influence in the dressing room but even so, I don't blame him for the rest of them not knowing what was required without someone pointing it out.

There's a few folk ahead in the queue of Evans on that score.

Evans can **** off. At least the shit defenders who had to play instead of him could be arsed to turn up. Almost always a miraculous recovery when it suited to allow him to get a few more caps. He's a medical miracle like Grandpa Joe that ****.

never understood why people thought he was such a good defender for us. And this isn’t sour grapes, I’ve always thought this. He wasn’t a horrendous signing. But his ability and his value to the team was always way exaggerated by most fans.

He’s a guy who’s made a career and a reputation of being a bit-part player at Man United. He was no more important to them than John O’Shea. Him being a Premier League winner is the same as Ryan Bertrand being a Champions League winner.

Wow. I really have misjudged the vibe here.
No you haven't. You've just spent about 6 posts talking about it.

Captain is a position that takes great plaudits when things go well as a team and it's a position that rightly takes big criticism when things go wrong (putting it lightly)

His comments after the game stunk of someone who gave zero shits about what had just happened to the club.

Another overpaid failure.

Let’s be honest… it’s all on Rodgers and the senior management/ownership. They turned success to failure. They gave Rodgers far too much autonomy and reacted painfully slowly with the result that it was impossible to fix the situation.

Players are obviously also culpable but less in my view. Culture comes from the very top of an organisation. They allowed contracts to run down so key players had no tie to the success of the club. They signed awful players on enormous salaries that will have destabilised the morale of people doing more and being paid less, and criminally they let Rodgers undermine and discredit the players at the club (saying many had played at the highest level they could hope for), and the club itself with a campaign of passive agressive criticism and deflection from his inadequacies.

Rodgers instilled in the team a relegation mentality from the very start of pre-season setting the bar so incredibly low, and expecting much less than any reasonable person would expect from the squad we had. In short he was cancer.

I put him at the centre of it all, but I also add that if Vichai had a dream… Top has had a nightmare. I want to see more from King Power who still have my support.

Football is just riddled with ****s

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664