New manager rumour of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don;t think that MA2's sacking was anything to do with the lack of instant results. MM is well aware that Rome is not going to be rebuilt in a day. He will stick with anybody who has the guts to share his vision of how the City is going to be rebuilt though. MA2 was not that man and was totally responsible for his short tenure in the manager's seat.
Don't tell them that Bob, it's much better for them to run around like headless chickens panicking about their idol being wrongly dismissed.

MA knew he wasn't up to the job and he sold himself to the fans to gain their support for when the inevitable happened.

My old Mum used to say to me, "if you see a Not Right, sell him some magic beans, he is guaranteed to be fcuking stupid enough to buy them"

Don't tell them that Bob, it's much better for them to run around like headless chickens panicking about their idol being wrongly dismissed.

MA knew he wasn't up to the job and he sold himself to the fans to gain their support for when the inevitable happened.

My old Mum used to say to me, "if you see a Not Right, sell him some magic beans, he is guaranteed to be fcuking stupid enough to buy them"

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Love it.

Didn't MA2 say in his first interview something along the lines of "I am getting used to the task ahead, it is a much bigger one than [i am used to/i was expecting]" ?

The chairman had enough vision to sack him. He might have run the club into the ground or treated players so badly that they wanted to jump ship if you believe some of the rumours.

The chairman had enough vision to sack him.

If he was that bad why didn't the chairman spot it in the first place?

What makes people think he'll do any better with his next appointment, or the one after that, and the one after that....?

At Portsmouth he got lucky with Redknapp. Every other manager he's appointed has turned out to be crap (or unable to work with him).

Personally I never put much credence on the "I wanted Warnock but I didn't want to upset the fans" line. Sounded like convenient PR at the time and it does even more so in retrospect. Whatever the real reason I cannot believe that would be it - not from someone who clearly lets nothing, particularly sentiment, stand in his way.

how much do you want for them?:biggrin::icon_bigg:icon_lol:;):icon_wink

I hope you don;t think that MA2's sacking was anything to do with the lack of instant results. MM is well aware that Rome is not going to be rebuilt in a day. He will stick with anybody who has the guts to share his vision of how the City is going to be rebuilt though. MA2 was not that man and was totally responsible for his short tenure in the manager's seat.

I wouldn't say I was the biggest fan of MA2 but I thought things had begun to show an improvement and was optimistic that it would continue that way. We will never know whether he was the man for the job will we?

I am serioulsy worried by MM's approach and as I said before I am not knocking him, I am not a MA worshipper particularly - but I am knocking MM's form of chairmanship. You only have to look at his record at Portsmouth:

Alan Ball - 8 months
Tony Pulis - 8 months
Steve Claridge - 5 months
Graham Rix - 13 months
Harry Redknapp 2 1/2 years then brought in a DOF above his head
Velimer Zajacc -5 months
Alain Perrin - 5 months
Redknapp again since dec 2005

And we all know what he's done here. MA2 lasted 5 months.

His record works out an an average of 8 months a manager; he seems to favour untried and inexperienced or lower league guys and then sacks them before they have had a real chance to prove themselves. He should realise that there are only a small number of experienced guys like Redknapp out there and if you have to employ a riskier chap, you should have the courage to stand by it and give him a chance. Whether MA2 would have made it - nobody really knows. But my guess is that the next guy in is going to end up the same way.

I think MM could be great for us, but he has got to appoint someone and stick with it so the club can get a chance to rebuild, get promoted and stay in the premiership.

Personally I never put much credence on the "I wanted Warnock but I didn't want to upset the fans" line. Sounded like convenient PR at the time and it does even more so in retrospect. Whatever the real reason I cannot believe that would be it - not from someone who clearly lets nothing, particularly sentiment, stand in his way.

Good post. I have to say I had wondered. We should all back Warnock on the online votes, start petitions, etc. Let's call MM's bluff!

Last edited:
I to am not a MA worshipper or one of those fans that thinks MM is the saviour of our club.
It was originally a 3 year plan now it is this season to get promoted.

I can live with another 2-3 years of championship football as long as there is a marked improvement each year.

I wouldn't say I was the biggest fan of MA2 but I thought things had begun to show an improvement and was optimistic that it would continue that way. We will never know whether he was the man for the job will we?

I am serioulsy worried by MM's approach and as I said before I am not knocking him, I am not a MA worshipper particularly - but I am knocking MM's form of chairmanship. You only have to look at his record at Portsmouth:

Alan Ball - 8 months
Tony Pulis - 8 months
Steve Claridge - 5 months
Graham Rix - 13 months
Harry Redknapp 2 1/2 years then brought in a DOF above his head
Velimer Zajacc -5 months
Alain Perrin - 5 months
Redknapp again since dec 2005

And we all know what he's done here. MA2 lasted 5 months.

His record works out an an average of 8 months a manager; he seems to favour untried and inexperienced or lower league guys and then sacks them before they have had a real chance to prove themselves. He should realise that there are only a small number of experienced guys like Redknapp out there and if you have to employ a riskier chap, you should have the courage to stand by it and give him a chance. Whether MA2 would have made it - nobody really knows. But my guess is that the next guy in is going to end up the same way.

I think MM could be great for us, but he has got to appoint someone and stick with it so the club can get a chance to rebuild, get promoted and stay in the premiership.

13 months with Graham Rix makes me believe he's more loyal than I first thought...

Steve claridge only 5 months thats a outrage!!!!

(least it beat his Millwall record)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59