New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving on; there seems to be a theory that the three year plan has become a one year plan.
pre-supposing that whoever is your favourite managerial choice - yes, including the return of MA! - takes over; can anyone really see us going up this season?
I have to be honest, it has never been a serious thought to me.

Moving on; there seems to be a theory that the three year plan has become a one year plan.
pre-supposing that whoever is your favourite managerial choice - yes, including the return of MA! - takes over; can anyone really see us going up this season?
I have to be honest, it has never been a serious thought to me.

Not without some serious big signings.... which of course are unlikely to come with the transfer window closing tomorrow and us having no manager.

So no, I can't see it happening. Certainly not automatic anyway.

What are peoples problems with Megson? Apart from the Forest connection which is stupid he seemed to do well at WBA? Don't know much about him to be honest, just wondered why he was so bad

What are peoples problems with Megson? Apart from the Forest connection which is stupid he seemed to do well at WBA? Don't know much about him to be honest, just wondered why he was so bad

I recall that he's very good at falling out with most of his players.

I live in the west midlands and two of my best mates are WBA fans, when i mentioned Megson they pissed themselves :102: He wasnt that popular at WBA according to these two season ticket holders!

He's been out of work for ages and not by choice. Cant remember him being linked with any jobs recently, that says it all for me :icon_sad:

Please please please

Paul Jewell today headed the contenders for the vacant Leicester City job.

The 42-year-old is rated the 5-2 favourite for the job by national on-line bookies ###### following the shock departure of Martin Allen.

Jewell steered Wigan Athletic from the third tier of English football into the Premiership in six years - and is available.

Also ranked among the short-priced contenders to be Milan Mandaric's fourth manager in seven months are ex-Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock at 4-1, and former West Brom boss Gary Megson and Chelsea reserve-team coach Brendan Rodgers, who are both priced at 13-2.

##### spokesman Steve Freeth said: "Paul Jewell would be a fantastic appointment for Leicester City.

"He's itching to get back into the game, and Leicester are a big club with a massive fan base. He might have a few quid to spend too! But it might be whether he'd fancy it."

Jewell, who has also managed Bradford City and Sheffield Wednesday, has been out of the game since resigning from Wigan the day after preserving their top-flight status in May.

After appointing Allen in May, Mandaric said that he had interviewed 10 candidates for the job, including Warnock.

He said he respected Warnock's record as a manager but received so many negative letters and emails from City fans that the strength of Blue Army opinion put him off Warnock.

"I could have gone for a bigger name and got more headlines," he said at the time.

"But would they have wanted the job as much as Martin Allen?''

Also in the betting are former West Ham and Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder at 8-1, and ex-City favourite Simon Grayson (10-1), whose Blackpool side beat City on the opening day of the season.

Also 10-1 is as ex-Coventry boss Peter Reid. Others include Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood (14-1), MK Dons manager Paul Ince (16-1) and Bristol City's Gary Johnson (20-1).

For those who fancy an outsider, ###### are quoting Harry Redknapp, whom Mandaric twice had as his manager at Portsmouth, at 50-1, alongside former Walsall boss Paul Merson, the ex-England and Arsenal star.

Ex-City boss David Pleat, the former Spurs manager who was at the reserve-team game against Forest and the 4-1 win against Watford, has also been mentioned in speculation. Other names rumoured to be in the frame include Stoke manager Tony Pulis.

In a statement last night, Mandaric said: "Contrary to media speculation we do not have an immediate replacement. The search to appoint a successor now begins."

It is understood Allen's assistant Adrian Whitbread will follow him out of the Walkers Stadium, leaving Academy manager Jon Rudkin, coach Steve Beaglehole and goalkeeping coach Mike Stowell in charge for Saturday's trip to Plymouth.

Allen's shock departure comes at the end of a traumatic week which saw defender Clive Clarke suffer a suspected heart attack in Tuesday's Carling Cup tie at Nottingham Forest.

Both Mandaric and Allen are bound by a confidentiality clause. But Allen, who twice dismissed speculation about his future as rubbish in recent weeks, is reported as saying in the Daily Mirror: "I'm fine. But a lad nearly died on Tuesday, and 24 hours later I've been told to leave.

"It is a very strange after four games, two wins, one draw and one defeat, but I can't say any more for legal reasons."

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do some people want this Chelsea ressie coach to get the job? No one had ever heard of him until about 2 days ago.

Why do some people want this Chelsea ressie coach to get the job? No one had ever heard of him until about 2 days ago.

I dont, what's the point. He's already taken a chance on someone without any experience at championship level.

I think a deal has already been done and maybe sometime ago. Surely this time with experience.

NOT MEGSON!

I dont, what's the point. He's already taken a chance on someone without any experience at championship level.

I think a deal has already been done and maybe sometime ago. Surely this time with experience.

NOT MEGSON!

Yep

It wouldn't shock me if it's someone abroad, who was that chap MM got a portsmouth who was crap and didn't last long?? And where is he at now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00