Newcastle away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester V Newcastle..........

He just hates us...but then so do Sky by the sounds of it, as the other presenter was desperate for Newcastle to win too, so they could be top (and no doubt go back where they belong)

I know..... look when he was explaining why Barton was out for a long time last season. He said that was due to suspensions and injury, nothing to do with doing some bird.

Ok in the first half without being wonderful,poor in the second half,way too much hoofing it up to Howard.N'Gusseian dissapeared after 45 minutes and I'm not over keen on Brown,looks a bit of a donkey to me.

NP ran out of ideas, should have done better IMO

Bang on.
As good as I think Fryatt can be around the box he offers no tricks or pace and can be marked pretty easily by a half decent centre half.
With there midfield sitting so deep I think it cancelled any creativity that we might have had to offer .

He tried some different things tonight, they didnt come off, but im confident we will kick on from here.

like trying baked beans for tea, you know the ones with the little sausages in with them

I'd be interested to see what Nigel Pearson has to say about that. I think that second half was the first time since Nigel Pearson came here where Leicester City have looked thoroughly outplayed and well beaten. Atleast now they've had a taste of what it takes to be Premiership class. I don't think we are necessarily far off either, in the first half we did okay, atleast matched them if not had the better of the game but second half, no creativity, reluctance to go forward despite being 1-0 down, bad final ball, bad decision making...

He tried some different things tonight, they didnt come off, but im confident we will kick on from here.

I didn't see them,I just saw the ball being hoofed up to Howard

I know..... look when he was explaining why Barton was out for a long time last season. He said that was due to suspensions and injury, nothing to do with doing some bird.

pathetic really isnt it, how they are biased towards the "big" clubs that dont deserve to be in the Championship... if they were that good they wouldnt have been relegated. That being said, we hardly challenged them in the second half so they deserved the win.

Ok in the first half without being wonderful,poor in the second half,way too much hoofing it up to Howard.N'Gusseian dissapeared after 45 minutes and I'm not over keen on Brown,looks a bit of a donkey to me.

I worry about our goal keeper as well......... anyway what you doing up so late?

I thought Brown was good, disappointed with Neilson, seems to be a good passer of the ball and gets forward a bit but that's about it - a bit of a liability at the back IMO. Not overly convinced by Weale either, their goal was a good goal but it was pratically straight at the keeper, surely he should have atleast got something on it? Doesn't seem to be a great shot stopper..

We're not at the same level as newcastle,thats very clear.Their understrength side brushed us aside tonight really BUT it seems that every away game so far has been the same...good first half,poor second.The problem is we haven't managed to turn any of those good first halves into a lead yet.on the upside I don't think any other sides in this league are at that level either.i never really expected anything better than mid-table this season so I'll be happy enough with that,anything more is a bonus.We're a club in the middle of a rebuilding process & it's going to take a while yet.

I thought Brown was good, disappointed with Neilson, seems to be a good passer of the ball and gets forward a bit but that's about it - a bit of a liability at the back IMO. Not overly convinced by Weale either, their goal was a good goal but it was pratically straight at the keeper, surely he should have atleast got something on it? Doesn't seem to be a great shot stopper..

Nearly the exact words I used at the time, you just missed out ****ing **** and **** twice.

Oh and Gallagher wasn't great other than is free kick,looks a bit of a luxury player to me,the type you bring on when you are two ahead

Imo it was a braindead performance from us. We looked like we would could be there till xmas without scoring.
Agree with BG about Nige. Just didnt seem to have the nous to change the tactics and cause them more problems.

Disappointing result, but not the end of the world. If i was a neutral i would say Leicester look a mid-table team on this evidence. We just dont have the quality of the ex prem teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669