Newcastle away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waghorn, Gallagher, N'Guessan crap IMO. Very frustrating second half.

And I don't buy this 'Newcastle are a great team' talk, I thought they looked very poor in the first half.

I am judging from Sky and not from seeing it live. I thought the defence was fine. The Newcastle goal was brilliant and not the kind of thing to expect in the Championship. Dany is a cheap player from League 2. He is just about Championship standard. However, if we are to gain promotion we will need him to improve. Hopefully he will realise this. Apart from one excellent freekick Gallagher was ineffective. He will need to do a lot better if he is to keep his place. Fryatt still seems to be carrying an injury. I would guess that this and not his poor play was the reason he was taken off; Fryatt is the kind of player who is likely to score even after playing badly.
In fairness to Leicester they were away to a team that played really well and matched them in the first half.

To be fair to Gallagher, he was played out of position. Agree about N'Guessen, much much rather see Gradel playing on the right.

Oh dear, senility must have turned my brain ro jelly! I didn't think it was nearly as bad a performance as you are all saying. :icon_conf

We aint used to losing, so a few will get panicky after one bad half.

Expect us to bounce back in the next two games, and we will be world beaters again :icon_wink

Waghorn, Gallagher, N'Guessan crap IMO. Very frustrating second half.

And I don't buy this 'Newcastle are a great team' talk, I thought they looked very poor in the first half.

I didnt think Newcastle deserved their win. Not sour grapes, but they just didnt impress me tbh. That said they will be delighted with the win, considering the side they had available to them.

We aint used to losing, so a few will get panicky after one bad half.

Expect us to bounce back in the next two games, and we will be world beaters again :icon_wink

****ing hell Biff, you on drugs again?

I didnt think Newcastle deserved their win. Not sour grapes, but they just didnt impress me tbh. That said they will be delighted with the win, considering the side they had available to them.

Yes, that's true, it was a weakened team but I thought their passing was dreadful in the first half. A great goal won them the game (and our inability to create chances).

Deserved a draw out of that .

On possession yes, but a complete lack of craft at the right moments, ensured we created very little.
Fatty should have, and the keeper made a good save from Howard. That aside we wasted good possession. Thought some of the players like N'Guessen looked more like the division they had come from tonight.

Last edited:
****ing hell Biff, you on drugs again?

No, we will lose games and we will have poor games. I dont get suicidal after one bad performance.

For me Pearson has made some great tactical decisions, and some good signings. I wont start knocking the guy after one poor game :icon_wink

No, we will lose games and we will have poor games. I dont get suicidal after one bad performance.

For me Pearson has made some great tactical decisions, and some good signings. I wont start knocking the guy after one poor game :icon_wink

when can we then?

I take a lot of positives from that match - that was a premiership standard midfield we were up against and for large amounts bossed them. More guile on the wings would have been good IMO, for sure we ran out of ideas but then I don't think they did that much aside from the goal.

Ithink its good benchmark for the rest of the season to play a team of that quality so early in the season.

NP will now know what is required...so lets not got to disheartened.

Ithink its good benchmark for the rest of the season to play a team of that quality so early in the season.

NP will now know what is required...so lets not got to disheartened.

I'm not disheartened, I just dont quite understand how you can go from a fairly good performance in the first half to hoofing in the second.. hopefully that will be resolved for the next game. As I have been reminded by a Forest fan, its a marathon not a sprint. With any luck his lot will get shin splints and end up relegated :icon_lol:

Last edited:
when can we then?

If Howards and Matty's efforts had gone in, things might have been different.We were looking good in the first half imo. Thats football.

Pearson will learn from the second half, especially if he reads your posts :icon_wink

Would have been delighted if someone had said 8pts from the first 5 games. Ipswich, Sheff U, and Nukey away looked a tough start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00