Newcastle away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Fryatt was as bad as some people on here have said. I thought he looked quite lively and was always a willing runner. Howard won plenty of headers and I'm disappointed that the midfield didn't support the front lads more.

I would have liked to have seen Adams come on far earlier as I thought N'Guessen lacked ideas/confidence and needed hauling off somewhere round the hour mark. Wellens again looked the most likely to create anything for us.

Browns distribution was terrible, I hope that he can improve.

Not much credit given to Newcastle's solidity. We had to work very hard for the few chances we got, they shut us off time after time. Certainly the second half was disappointing, but I doubt we'll run into too many defences of that quality.

I liked N'Guessan a lot the first 15 mins, then Enrique sussed him and that was mostly that - he should have been subbed earlier. Both our fullbacks look vulnerable to pace. I thought we really missed Tunchev's comfort in possession in central defence and it worried me that he wasn't even on the bench.

Newcastle defended well, but our lack of guile made it easier for them. A prem team with the amount of possession we had, would have comfortably beaten them imo.

I can't stand any of the Sky staff but one person I could never tire of kicking in the face is post match interviewer Andy Burton.

Such an absoloute tosser.

No doubt we'll see more of the name dropping, lying **** in the Sky Sports studio for deadline day tomorrow.

Re: Leicester V Newcastle..........

He just hates us...but then so do Sky by the sounds of it, as the other presenter was desperate for Newcastle to win too

Alan Parry used to love us when MO'N was in charge as he was a director of Wycombe and made friends with him there.

Newcastle defended well, but our lack of guile made it easier for them. A prem team with the amount of possession we had, would have comfortably beaten them imo.

Oh no doubt, but that's the difference between the leagues isn't it? Newcastle's defence was a laughing stock last season - this time they've conceded one in five and are looking good. We ran out of ideas, but we were up against a better team than we've been used to for a while.

I can't stand any of the Sky staff but one person I could never tire of kicking in the face is post match interviewer Andy Burton.

Such an absoloute tosser.

No doubt we'll see more of the name dropping, lying **** in the Sky Sports studio for deadline day tomorrow.

Would have been nice to have a Leicester perspective in the studio tonight. It was all feckin Newcastle this Newcastle that.
Bloody cyclops aint improving with age is he:102:

Sat in bed of hotel room. Thought we did very well as an away side for the first half and then we had a big chance with Fryatt who duly fecked it up. Goal completely took the stuffing out of us and we just lost it. Bad habits from Brown with some awful hoofing. Thought our right side was poor all game, Neilson attempted five crosses but none of them were quality and N'Guessan is hit and miss. Can't see why we are not playing Adams.

Disappointed that the subs....timing and personnel. Surprised Tunch or Kermo ain't on the bench. Puts emphasis on us beating B'pool and P'boro. Bit annoyed, bit gutted, bit heartened. Can't get the raving about Newcastle...lot sportsmanship and very beatable with more applied tactics.

Bit annoyed, bit gutted, bit heartened. Can't get the raving about Newcastle...lot sportsmanship and very beatable with more applied tactics.

About sums it up for me as well. Time will tell, but i think the Baggies are a better team than Newcastle.

Newcastle looked pretty disorganised when we put them under pressure in the first half, and the fans started getting on their back, but we let them off the hook by not taking advantage of the chances we created.

We lost the midfield battle in the second half and stopped playing football. Just hoofing it to Howard may have worked in League One but it's not going to be as effective in the Championship.

Poor goal to concede, it was a good shot, but from my position (in with the Newcastle fans...), it looked like he was given far too much time and should have been closed down.

Disappointed with Gallagher, he didn't seem to get involved much, maybe Adams should have started instead.
N'Guessan had a good start but got worse as the game went on.
Fryatt should have scored, and was greedy on other occasions when we had players in better positions and he should have passed. Howard was guilty of that too.

Poor goal to concede, it was a good shot, but from my position (in with the Newcastle fans...), it looked like he was given far too much time and should have been closed down.

Although it was hit like a rocket, it was disappointing to see it go straight through the middle of the goal. Should Weale have got something to it:102:

He just hates us...but then so do Sky by the sounds of it, as the other presenter was desperate for Newcastle to win too, so they could be top (and no doubt go back where they belong)

Those ****s at Sky are trying to counter balance the fact the BBC is packed with Leicester City supporting presenters .You get a much classier package at the BBC.:icon_wink

Newcastle,west brom and middlesborough have the parachute payment,the other teams are much of a muchness.

True.

Thought we played some decent football and pretty much matched Newcastle for most of the game, however our final ball was woeful. N'Guessan in the last two games has started brightly but faded dramatically as the game has gone on, IMO he is better served as an impact player from the bench.

We were guilty of lacking quality in the final third of the field and I think yesterday proved that we have a long way to go if we are to challenge for a play off spot. We are seriously lacking quality out wide. Despite having a lot of decent possession and terrotorial play we lacked a cutting edge and our final ball was terrible. After watching the PNE and Newcastle games, Adams is the only winger who is of genuine championship quality and I really believe Pearson needs to bring in at least one additional winger to provide the quality, if we are serious about challenging for the play offs.

Weale 6 - Reasonable solid despite difficult conditions, but I felt he was at fault for the goal.

Neilson 6 - Ok defensively, supported the attack well but crossing was poor.

Brown 6 - Restricted them to very few clear cut opportunities, but wasteful in possession.

Hobbs 6 - Looked a bit shaky in difficult conditions

Berner 6 - Solid but unspectacular

N'Guessan 5 - Started brightly, but faded as the game progressed. In the second half was ineffective. Crossing poor.

Wellens 8 - Quality, worked hard and was at the heart of our best play. Thought he and Oakley worked tirelessly.

Oakley 7 - Our best central midfield partnership since Lennon and Izzet.

Gallagher 4 - Never got into the game.

Howard 6 - Isolated received little in the way of support or service.

Fryatt 5 - Looked a threat in the first half with his movement, but the decision to go alone instead of passing to 2 better placed colleagues cost us big time.

Subs

Dyer 4 - Ineffective, don't think he has the quality at this level.

Waghorn 4 - Never got into the game

Adams - Why leave it so late, we had no quality out wide and he has been our best winger this season, so why give him 2 minutes ??

Two pretty average teams playing a pretty average game

Stupid decision to put Gallagher on the left hand side, and we took far too long to correct it. Left us wholly reliant on the big punt upfield, or N'Guessan down the right who Enrique had in his pocket after the first ten minutes

Not sure what Adams has got to do to get on the feckin' pitch - bringing him on with five minutes to go was 30 minutes too late. Piss poor decision making from Pearson

Fryatt was shocking and should have come off at half time. When he's bad he's absolutely fecking awful

Our one tactic in the second half was to whump it up the pitch, and it was no surprise when they scored - although the defending was woeful for the goal

All in all a team we could easily have beaten with the right set up on the night, and Pearson got that sadly wrong all night long

More points pissed up against a wall. V. Poor

Last edited:
Thought that we looked pretty good in the first half, Gallagher went missing for large chunks of the game but could see that he was being retained for the creative input. Second half, we lost the midfield - hence the lumping of balls continuously to Howard.

Encouraging though - defensive performance was pretty good, aside from Brown and Hobbs (?) being completely flat footed when Guthrie took his shot.

Last edited:

Fryatt should have done better at the end of the first half, after that we never looked like scoring

Gallagher, N'guessan, Dyer, Fryatt, Waghorn all did **** all!

Gallagher was hardly even used, he had no chance to make an impact on the game as we insisted on attacking down the right flank only.

N'guessan was very good for the first 20 mins, their left back was shitting himself every time he ran at him, after that he was totally out of his depth and offered nothing to the team.

My biggest gripe from last night is the fact that NP decided to put our main impact player (Adams) on in the 90th minute, we were crying for that change on 70 minutes, Poor judgement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670