Newcastle away

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half thought was decent

2nd, particularly after the goal, we looked clueless. Was glad when Dyer came on because I thought it would give us more width and more options, but instead he and N'Guessan seemed to spend the rest of the game very, very narrow, and we just played long balls that were easily cut out.

Disappointing... we could've won tonight

We were dreadful going forward, good defensively as usual though.

For some reason we decided to just punt everything forward to Howard today instead of try and keep possesion, and everytime we went forward we gave the ball away.

N'Guessen was terrible, completely ****ed up good positions several times, Brown was poor too, just hoofed everything forward with no attempt at accuracy of keeping possesion whatsoever.

Adams should've been brought on a lot earlier.

Can't complain with the result, Newcastle definitely deserved to win, probably by more.

Re: Leicester V Newcastle..........

I bet they have to leave the lights on all night in your house after its finished

you don't know how near to the real truth that statement is.......:icon_redf

I have only been able to see two games, and I'm not convinced by Weale - he's lucky that the defence has been strong this season. I think this game shows that we are a solid Championship side - but that there is a definite gulf between Prem and Champ. Newcastle, although certainly not Man Utd or Arsenal, did show a lot of class in their movement and passing and I think this provides a good benchmark for us. Anyway, I'm f**cked and now I've got to go to work. Bollox.

I have only been able to see two games, and I'm not convinced by Weale - he's lucky that the defence has been strong this season. I think this game shows that we are a solid Championship side - but that there is a definite gulf between Prem and Champ. Newcastle, although certainly not Man Utd or Arsenal, did show a lot of class in their movement and passing and I think this provides a good benchmark for us. Anyway, I'm f**cked and now I've got to go to work. Bollox.

have a good day at work :icon_lol:

beaten by a better team,no shame.we reach play offs at best! club is in a better state since NP came made some good signings.few more years wont hurt in this division.

Even though Newcastle dominated, their only attempt that was on target turned into a goal, Weale didn't really have any saves to make.

Not overly convinced with Neilson. N'Guessan's final ball was woeful, the only sort of bright spark in midfield was Wellens. Why oh why did we start with a striker on the left wing when we had two on the bench? Howard did ok with what he had, Adams should have been brought on a lot earlier.

Also quite worried about Tunchev's absence from the bench - could he be off tomorrow?

Definitely bring Tunchev back in for Brown on Brown's performance today.

Oh dear, senility must have turned my brain ro jelly! I didn't think it was nearly as bad a performance as you are all saying. :icon_conf

Oh dear, senility must have turned my brain ro jelly! I didn't think it was nearly as bad a performance as you are all saying. :icon_conf

Hector we feckin lost!
I would rather see us play shite and win. Winning is everything

I am judging from Sky and not from seeing it live. I thought the defence was fine. The Newcastle goal was brilliant and not the kind of thing to expect in the Championship. Dany is a cheap player from League 2. He is just about Championship standard. However, if we are to gain promotion we will need him to improve. Hopefully he will realise this. Apart from one excellent freekick Gallagher was ineffective. He will need to do a lot better if he is to keep his place. Fryatt still seems to be carrying an injury. I would guess that this and not his poor play was the reason he was taken off; Fryatt is the kind of player who is likely to score even after playing badly.
In fairness to Leicester they were away to a team that played really well and matched them in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669