Newcastle - More Marketing Guff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just bought my tickets. The ticket office said they'd sold 22,000

Did anyone say the headline is a negative?

I think the line that's typical of the club's marketing bullshit is this:

"Supporters are urged to purchase their tickets early to avoid disappointment."

How many times have they said that in the past when there was never any chance that fans would end up not being able to get tickets?

Stories like this have lost any meaning they might have had in the past, people just don't take anything they say seriously any more.

Did they say you wouldn't get a ticket? Maybe you'd be disappointed by getting worse seats than you thought. :icon_wink

But I agree, it's probably typical marketing bullshit. And if their bullshit sells a few more tickets, that's a good thing, right? If you personally think it's lost it's meaning, you don't have to take it seriously. It won't change your decision about buying a ticket, I'm sure.

But do you honestly think they'd sell more tickets if they didn't do this sort of marketing? I assume you do want them to sell more tickets.

I just don't get why people moan about it. Some of the same people will be moaning that we're not spending enough money on transfers. :icon_roll

We'll get about 25,000 in

I hope we get more than that, honestly our support is so shite at the moment, 25,000 against these lot, we can't even sell out our local derbies either, what a waste of time moving to the walkers.

Went in the ticket office yesterday to get a ticket for my mate, they think we've sold well over 20,000. I've relocated for the match to the east stand, would like to get my season ticket there next season, atmosphere is so much better than the kop.

I hope we get more than that, honestly our support is so shite at the moment, 25,000 against these lot, we can't even sell out our local derbies either, what a waste of time moving to the walkers.

You seen the figures Harbs? We are in the top five of the division.

Also MHS, if my Dad wasn't with me Id be considering the move across to.

Went in the ticket office yesterday to get a ticket for my mate, they think we've sold well over 20,000. I've relocated for the match to the east stand, would like to get my season ticket there next season, atmosphere is so much better than the kop.

Since they told me over 22,000 a week ago it makes me wonder if they haven't sold many more since then, or they just make up the figures when someone asks them!

Since they told me over 22,000 a week ago it makes me wonder if they haven't sold many more since then, or they just make up the figures when someone asks them!

Every possible question has an assortment of different answers, and the one you get depends on who in the ticket office you ask.

All comes down to the product...if we were playing good flowing passing football..then the numbers will turn up.

But that aint the case...to be honest it can be hard watching Leicester, as most times the football is rubbish.

Every club has its hardcore..but then you get the part timers who simply will not part with there money if the football is not entertaining.

All comes down to the product...if we were playing good flowing passing football..then the numbers will turn up.

But that aint the case...to be honest it can be hard watching Leicester, as most times the football is rubbish.

Every club has its hardcore..but then you get the part timers who simply will not part with there money if the football is not entertaining.

exactly, this season is boring the shit out of me in all honesty. not 100% sure whether I'll bother forking out to go next season

Also not forgetting a lot of people wont go because 1) it's a Saturday evening match, 2) it's on TV, and 3) most people will still be skint from christmas and can't justify spending £20/£30 on a match where the club are not expected to get much from the match. We'll be lucky to get many more than 25,000 IMO.

Every possible question has an assortment of different answers, and the one you get depends on who in the ticket office you ask.

whom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670