Newcastle Relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes from bad to worse with the same players who let the Club down in the first place now making demands. :icon_roll From the Grauniad. :icon_wink

Senior members of the squad are deeply unhappy at being left managerless and in limbo this summer. Amid a growing mood of militancy, they have given Ashley an ultimatum to install Shearer while he waits for a buyer or drop his £100m asking price and sell Newcastle quickly.

I cannot understand the situation at Newcastle at all, all the other clubs ahve already spent half their transfer budget and they still dont have a manager to do so, they are leaving it far, far too late.

I cannot understand the situation at Newcastle at all, all the other clubs ahve already spent half their transfer budget and they still dont have a manager to do so, they are leaving it far, far too late.

And I'm loving it. how the mighty have fallen and will continue to fall.

I'll be surprised if they are in the top 6 come April/May next year.

(Hopefully the bottom 3)

i believe owen and viduka have both gone,high earners if nothing else

Both out of contract though.

I have no sympathy at all for the Geordies. They had a good manager in Allardyce and hounded him out of the club because he didnt play attacking football. Ever since the club has been on a downward spiral and even their "heroes" have failed to help them.

Weird situation at Newcastle, because they're almost in limbo.

Still no one knows who is going to be the manager or in charge of the club at the start of the season, and it's only 2 weeks until kick off.

They've not lost many players, so with the team they've got they should walk this league... but I'm guessing a lot of them will be gone by the time the window shuts... all the uncertainty will leave them unsettled too.

qyyel5.jpg

I Know its only a friendly but not a great result for them today!
Sky Sports Link

Lost 6-1 with a full-ish strength team:

NUFC: Tim Krul, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Alan Smith ©, Oba Martins

:081:

:102:
:icon_bigg

I know it's only a friendly, but....
if Leyton Orient lift their game and stuff the Toon 6 -1, be interesting to see how they'll cope when the teams in the championship come gunning for 'em.

It's gonna get messy....

It'll definitely be interesting - I think we'll know after the first few games whether the players want to get back up or if they are about to nose-dive. I'm hoping for the latter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669