Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about that, but then ##### have got live events all the time (including right now).

It's easy for them to keep on top of scheduled sports events. Not so easy for something like this where there are lots of different news sources that could leak news of an appointment.

The biggest bet I've ever placed (still only £50) was when an Italian newspaper broke the story that Sven was going to become the next England manager. He was favourite at the time so I only got evens, but it took a few minutes for the bookies to close the book and I'm sure they lost a lot of money as a result.

Last edited:
'Billy Davies is also in the frame but is hampered by previous spells at local rivals Derby and Nottingham Forest.'

Don't get this. Who says he is hampered (apart from the twatporter who wrote it) ?

Wouldn't bother me one bit.

'Billy Davies is also in the frame but is hampered by previous spells at local rivals Derby and Nottingham Forest.'

Don't get this. Who says he is hampered (apart from the twatporter who wrote it) ?

Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Ooohhh, isn't that a clever turn of phrase.....

From the realistic options available my order of preference would be:

Lee Clark
Martin O'Neill
Billy Davies
Roberto Di Matteo
Mike Bassett
Hitler
Jeremy Kyle
Satan
My Arse
Roy Keane

There are actually a further 657 choices ahead of Roy Keane but I couldn't be fecked to type them out.

Last edited:
What do we know OFFICIALLY about the next Leicester Manager?

Their has been lots of rumours flying about all over the place about who is and who isn't going to be the next LCFC manager so let collect what we know in this thread that has come from OFFICIAL sources.

Il start us off with what i know and if anyone else can add to it then great.

Simon Grayson has said he does not want the job
Lee Clark has said he will not apply for the job

And most interesting of all, no official sources have confirmed that MON does not want the job.

Re: What do we know OFFICIALLY about the next Leicester Manager?

My guess is we only know what the media tell us, so fcuk all then.

Their has been lots of rumours flying about all over the place about who is and who isn't going to be the next LCFC manager so let collect what we know in this thread that has come from OFFICIAL sources.

Il start us off with what i know and if anyone else can add to it then great.

Simon Grayson has said he does not want the job
Lee Clark has said he will not apply for the job

And most interesting of all, no official sources have confirmed that MON does not want the job.

Whoever they appoint will like tits.

We know he will be a man

Possibly

Or maybe a woman

We know he will be a man

Possibly

Or maybe a woman

Or a combination of both (Neil Warnock).

Interesting, if only 'cos it's in The Mirror. I'd be very pleased with Clark. In the tradition of hungry young managers that Leicester have done well with.

I hope the fans are patient then, I mean it's only taken him three years to reach second place in league one with one of the largest, if not largest budget in the league. They should also get used to drawing games, 40 games unbeaten and you don't get promoted or even top of the league? Must be a heck of a lot of 1 points gained in there.

Sounds like the, 'If you do not concede goals, you will never lose' style of management.

Personally I favour the Keegan style, 'It's a simple game. Just score more goals than they do'.

Sounds like the, 'If you do not concede goals, you will never lose' style of management.

Instead of saying what it "sounds like", you could always look at their results and the league table to get the facts.

They've scored more goals than any other team in League One this season (33 in 15 games), and have the best goal difference.

I think he'd definitely be worth a shout, loads of top managers have come from the lower leagues; Clough, O'Neill etc. I think he's proven he deserves a chance at a higher level. Plus, if we could get a couple of Hudds players in January, it'd be nice - Gary Roberts and Jordan Rhodes spring to mind... It's a shame they already flogged Pilkington.

Don't even know where to begin.

Failed with Forest? :icon_lol: How exactly? By taking a shitty squad which barely scraped promotion from League One into promotion chasing side? Once you get to the play-offs I honestly believe a manager has little say in them and making the play-offs and not getting promoted by them is ludicrous to be called a failiure.

Absolutely agree - and staying in the Prem without a lot of investment is almost impossible. Need a good manager, lots of money and then loads of dosh! Don't like Davies or Warnock but either would get us up.

And Charlton?! Wtf?! :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670