Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed if he doesn't come back but my brain says it is for the best. I have great memories of him and what we achieved (on the pitch before Boc et al start!) at the time.

I've always tried to make it clear that I think MON did a wonderful job with and for the team. He got us to the Prem, kept us there and won some cups with a far less able squad than we have got now. I believe only that he did things that were not right for the club.

The only aspect in which he failed with team (as opposed to the club) is in not revitalising the squad once he had realised that he was on his way. What he left us with was nowhere near as strong a team as the one that we had a couple of years earlier.

The only aspect in which he failed with team (as opposed to the club) is in not revitalising the squad once he had realised that he was on his way. What he left us with was nowhere near as strong a team as the one that we had a couple of years earlier.

Really? I'm genuinely curious as to whether that's the case. I was a teenager at the time and was probably to absorbed in our success to be critical of the man (at that time). My recollection is that we finished 8th in his final season and won the League Cup. So probably the most successful season of his tenure. Does that not suggest that the team was at least as strong as the one which finished 10th and without a trophy a couple of years earlier?

I've always tried to make it clear that I think MON did a wonderful job with and for the team. He got us to the Prem, kept us there and won some cups with a far less able squad than we have got now. I believe only that he did things that were not right for the club.

Is that why the season after MON left, we where top of the premier after ten weeks and if twato had not started to mess with the squad we could have gone on to win the league.
MON left us with a brilliant squad that could have gone on to much greater things and to say he did not revitalise the squad is crap.
When was he expected to revitalise the squad? I suppose you mean in the week or two between being offered another job and actually leaving. The fans/ board and players would not have been impressed with a manager that bought new players for the future manager

Really? We ended up top of the league the following season with Peter Taylor in charge... A fact a lot of people put down to the team MON had put together reaching those heights because of the team Martin had built, before being quickly destroyed by Twatlor.

I have just been pondering a hypothetical question, if , in the unlikely event MON returns how many of our squad would play in the O'Neill way , you know, like for like style players who would fit his system. The Lennon, Guppy, Izzet, Walshy role. Would be interested in other peoples views, it might pass an hour or two while we wait developments. I know some wont approve of this sort of hypothetical exercise tho'.

I like the shout of Ray Wilkins, has those eyes that would scare the crap out of a player should they feel the need to do it their way and not his. Well respected in the game and is high profile. Down side he has limited managerial experience, but has worked under some of the best managers in the game, and with some of the best players in the world. Remember Muzzy was a Chelsea fringe player, as was Keith Weller, best name put forward so far.

That Chris Powell thing is such a load of bs.

Our great run of wins last season came largely after Powell had left. A lot of it actually came before Hamann was hired when we didn't have a first team coach too.

Our form before Powell left was no better than our form after it (it may be a little better if someone is going to give me the stats, but certainly not noticeably better).

Last edited:
[h=1]Clark looks a shoo-in for Leicester job[/h]Published 22:00 27/10/11 By James Nursey
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ield-as-their-new-manager-article822115.html#http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ield-as-their-new-manager-article822115.html#

lee-clark-cropped

Leicester want to Â*interview Huddersfield boss Lee Clark over their managerial vacancy after Martin O’Neill turned them down.
Clark has been charge at the League One Terriers since December 2008.
Not counting last season’s play-off final defeat, Town’s 2-2 draw with Scunthorpe on Tuesday extended their unbeaten run to 40 games.
The 39-year-old’s odds for the post were slashed on Thursday, and he is now favourite to join the Foxes.
Big-spending Leicester are searching for a Â*replacement for Sven Goran Eriksson, who was sacked on Monday.
The Thai-owned Championship club had hoped to quickly and quietly lure back former boss O’Neill, but he is holding out for a Premier League job.
Billy Davies is also in the frame but is hampered by previous spells at local rivals Derby and Nottingham Forest.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...-new-manager-article822115.html#ixzz1c1HQLeqM

Interesting, if only 'cos it's in The Mirror. I'd be very pleased with Clark. In the tradition of hungry young managers that Leicester have done well with.

Is that because they won't take bets "after hours" in case something changes?

I was wondering about that, but then ##### have got live events all the time (including right now). Might be the case for some of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670