Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Coppell would do for me, but only If he's manned up a bit.

We had all of this bollocks a few weeks ago, surprisingly ( or not ) MON was bookies fave as well

And would I be right in thinking that Cotterill didn't feature in the bookies odds and his appointment was a surprise?

Isn't that because he'd spent so much on rubbish they didn't want him to waste any more money?

I would not have said rubbish TBH they play some great footy in his last season in charge.

MON wanted to brring 3-4 player so that villa could push for the top 5 but they didnt have the money spare,every game we went to there was never a full house bar when the big 5 teams came to villa man U and so on .....

Oh and MON did his normal thing its his way or the high way and we know that happened then ....

Last edited:
He left due to the sale of millner to man city (which MON did not agree with ) and the fact the club has sod all money to throw around for players that MON wanted to get villa into the top 4 of the prem

We where at boddy moor the day he left and villa has gone down hill from there on

but i didnt want to get into that this is a CITY forum and city ae still my home town team we just get free tickets to watch prem footy ;)

He left because Randy Lerner probably wasn't happy with a net transfer spend of ~£20m per year, depite 'only' achieving consistent 6th place finishes. He was clearly not the person to take Villa into the top four, plus it would have taken a large increase in spending to try and compete. The manner in which he left was petulant and completely selfish, and he knew full well the impact it would have on the club leaving just a few days before the start of the season. Suing the club for constructive dismissal wasn't a great step either.

As I've said already, I don't think that appointing MON would be the worst idea, but any ideology that he's coming back here to 'do us a favour' or because he wants to save his home club are wrong, and it is very likely to all end in tears.

I would not have said rubbish TBH they play some great footy in his last season in charge.

MON wanted to brring 3-4 player so that villa could push for the top 5 but they didnt have the money spare,every game we went to there was never a full house bar when the big 5 teams came to villa man U and so on .....

Oh and MON did his normal thing its his way or the high way and we know that happened then ....

They spent about £50m on new players in 08/09 (net ~£45m) and still finished 6th. Some of those were decent signings, but Cuellar, L Young, Shorey, Sidwell & Davies were never going to take Villa to the next level. Nor was Heskey. I would have been very hesitant to hand him more money.

Knee jerk reaction. Whoever is advising them has made a big mistake. Whoever comes in now cannot do a thing about players until Jan and will have to work with what he's got. This will take at least a month by which time we will have dropped like a stone. Svens failed by not bringing in more coaches after Powell and Didi left.

Perhaps we could have a 'dream team' of Ken Dodd and Frank Clarke (currently at F***st - but available at the right price). Lets face it it's all become a sodding pantomine!!

Y'know what, right now I don't much care who the owners select. This business has left me feeling a little uneasy about the whole KP set up. us and where will end up. They can just get on with it.

Someone on the 9-10am Radio Leicester phone in said we should get someone experienced, like David Pleat.

Oh sweet jesus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570