Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how does people betting on it define that it is fact

If someone lumps £2500 on a manager then the bookies will change the odds to minimize the loss for them if that person is indeed hired.

It's certainly not "gambling on the comments made by the press" else bookies could easily go out of business. They monitor how much money is put on and play the percentages, that's why bookies don't go out of business and will always make money in the long term. In the same way a good poker player who plays the percentages will always make money in the long term.

Last edited:
Is Step how you refer to a singular member of steps? Are you H? Is that how u get your MON insider info - cuz he's a massive Steps fan?

In a sort of long-winded way, though, he's right. Comments in the press lead to people placing bets which leads to shortening odds.

That is different to saying the bookies "gamble" on press comments though. The bookies don't gamble at all, they do the opposite, they play the safe percentages.

I have a list of managers which i sent to Top last week. I cannot tell you who is on it, only that it contains some very good candidates. I fully expect the process to take a while as I did put 11 names on that list. I will be able to reveal all on that list once the new manager has been confirmed. I am assured via a read reciept, that Top has the fullest of information that i have provided.

If what step is near the truth, then why are the odds for MON still well out at 25/1 on 4 out 7 bookies? (worse odds are still out at 10's!)
They say bookies don't often get it wrong.
Interestingly Clark is still fav on all except Skybet. He's at 8/1 there!
Keane appears to be of the most consistent odds, 5/4 - 2/1
Pearson just behind at 5/2 - 11/4.

See message above

From the OS :

Leicester City has confirmed the appointment of Paul Ince as their new manager, succeeding Sven Gordon Eraksssson, who was given a large suitcase of cash, and told to go away, last week

Welcoming the new 'Guv'nor' to the King Power Duty Free Pleasuredome, 13 year old Top Richiewellenssorn stated that he knew he was the right man to take us forward:

"We went through all 923 names on homer's list, and none of them was even remotely interested. H from Steps had entered into some serious negotiations, but was then met by alex outside the ground, and was never seen again.

We hope that the fans will welcome this arrogant tosser with open arms because, after all, he is NOT Roy Bastard Keane and that is an absolute blessing from the good Baby Jebus to all of us

Please buy some more tickets and stuff from the shop. Thanks suckers

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! that is Legen---------------------------dary :)

And how many of us who have pointed out the way bookies work have said we agree with what HTB wrote?

Profondo Rosso who wanted to put right those that did not know what they are talking about. The important points have completly overshadowed by others who want to argue about how bookies work rather than carry on discusing the topic in hand. I.e our new manager. Why do people always go off on tangents when the dont like what is being said?

Profondo Rosso who wanted to put right those that did not know what they are talking about. The important points have completly overshadowed by others who want to argue about how bookies work rather than carry on discusing the topic in hand. I.e our new manager. Why do people always go off on tangents when the dont like what is being said?

People go off on tangents all the time. It's the internet.
Your post demonstrated that you don't know how bookies work. You were corrected. There's no need to make a big thing about it.

From the OS :

You daft ****er. If I had forgotten to take my medication this morning, that could have killed me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669