Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the Guardian and The Sun....The Guardian also posted an apology to O'Neill regarding the Villa financial fiasco - now the guardian look like a pair of tits

Absolutely infuriating that they'd sacked the bloke without any idea of who would replace him. Short sighted to a baffling degree.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I was hoping that O'Neill was a done deal before they got rid of Sven - and this impression was reflected in the early betting odds.

This clearly isn't the case and so we have gone into this situation with no idea of the outcome.

It's right to get rid of a failing manager but it helps if you know that there is someone better available. The situation looks like we are going to be in a period of total uncertainty and this is likely to impact on results when we have already lost ground on our rivals.

Can someone explain why Championship experience has suddenly become the most imortant thing in the world? Yes it is a difficult league, but how much Championship experience did Lambert, Hughton and Di Matteo have before getting promoted?

I am getting very worried that we will end up with a manager that has spent the best part of their career trying to get promoted and failing.

The situation looks like we are going to be in a period of total uncertainty and this is likely to impact on results when we have already lost ground on our rivals.

When Sven came out with he doesn't know why we performed so badly against Millwall, weren't we already in a period of uncertainty?

Baffled as to why MON thinks we are 'a risk not worth taking' according to the Grauniad.

Obviously he is hanging on for a job at either Blackburn or his beloved Sunderland but if he had come back here he would surely have got us promoted this season.

Perhaps he's lost his confidence.....

Baffled as to why MON thinks we are 'a risk not worth taking' according to the Grauniad.

Obviously he is hanging on for a job at either Blackburn or his beloved Sunderland but if he had come back here he would surely have got us promoted this season.

Perhaps he's lost his confidence.....

More likely he's looked at the fact that we've just sacked our manager for being two points off the playoffs and 5 points off automatic promotion and decided that he doesn't want to derail his career by risking getting sacked by a couple of trigger happy owners.

Apparently according to RL there will be a new manager in charge by Saturday?????

More likely he's looked at the fact that we've just sacked our manager for being two points off the playoffs and 5 points off automatic promotion and decided that he doesn't want to derail his career by risking getting sacked by a couple of trigger happy owners.

So just nine wins in 27 Championship games since a 2-0 defeat at Cardiff in February last season and failure to win any back-to-back games in the league or win any Championship game in which we had fallen behind and failure to score in four of our past six games was a 'trigger happy' decision?

We've done the right thing dismissing Sven and if anyone owned the club with their own money they would have done the same.

For what it's worth, here's my opinion on a few of the names linked with us:

Lee Clark: Can't deny he's not done a good job at Huddersfield. Played at a massive club in Newcastle and experienced good spells at Fulham and Sunderland. I just feel that this is too big a step up for him.

Mark Hughes: For me, he's too laid back. I'd like to see someone on the touchline chasing every ball with the players. A decent manager but not someone I see right for us.

Billy Davies: Knows the division very well, seems to get the best out of players and has the never say die spirit I think we urgently need. His fallings out with the board worry me, however it's normally always about player signings and I don't feel he'd have that issue here. Forest fans were genuinely annoyed when he left and felt even after 2 failed play offs he was still the man to get them up. Of who is available, our best option IMO.

Alan Curbishley: Not managed a side for 3 years now, and would be a huge risk to take someone on who has been out of the day to day running of a team for so long. Him working alongside Lee Clark would be appealing to me.

Dave Jones: I wouldn't be happy or upset with this appointment. He did a decent enough job at Cardiff on funds available and i'm sure he could get us going. Good knowledge in our league and the premiership so cannot be discounted at all.

Roy Keane: Would be the most dreadful decision our club could ever make. Arrogant, irritating and just someone I dislike in every way. Top if you're reading this, please take my comments on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566