Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profondo Rosso who wanted to put right those that did not know what they are talking about. The important points have completly overshadowed by others who want to argue about how bookies work rather than carry on discusing the topic in hand. I.e our new manager. Why do people always go off on tangents when the dont like what is being said?

I didn't say I agree with what HTB wrote at all, because I don't. People go off on tangents because that's how human conversation works, let alone on a forum were many people are discussing at once.

See message above

So who have you put your money on?

As regards my bookies odds post, don't take it personal.
With all the "listen to me I'm in the know..." posts from so many people, it is all getting very confusing.

Maybe we should all just wait........and wait.....and wait, but that would be boring ;)

I didn't say I agree with what HTB wrote at all, because I don't. People go off on tangents because that's how human conversation works, let alone on a forum were many people are discussing at once.

What did you disagree with that was so contentious, come on, spill the beans..............

Mum, they're having a go at me again

The speculation seems to have gone into overdrive today.... yet we're still no closer to knowing who it's going to be.

Clark
Keane
Pearson
O'Neill
Soljskaer (which I reckon has no legs in it at alll... it's come from one article in Thailand and it's just because people are talking about him after winning his first trophy as a manager, I reckon)

I can't see it being done in time for Leeds... but who knows!

So who have you put your money on?

As regards my bookies odds post, don't take it personal.
With all the "listen to me I'm in the know..." posts from so many people, it is all getting very confusing.

Maybe we should all just wait........and wait.....and wait, but that would be boring ;)

It is boring but please dont waist your money at the bookies based on anything I said. because what ever has happened there is no guarantee.

In saying that I am of down bookies. (Joke)

The speculation seems to have gone into overdrive today.... yet we're still no closer to knowing who it's going to be.

Clark
Keane
Pearson
O'Neill
Soljskaer (which I reckon has no legs in it at alll... it's come from one article in Thailand and it's just because people are talking about him after winning his first trophy as a manager, I reckon)

I can't see it being done in time for Leeds... but who knows!

Whoever it is will have to appointed today to even have one days training. It ain't going to happen.

Statement from Huddersfield:

http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2504481,00.html

Lee Clark has today moved to quash claims in the press that he is on the verge of becoming the next Leicester City manager.

Press reports has today claimed that the Town boss was close to joining the Foxes, but Clark refutes that and told htafc.com:

"We have woken up to another round of media speculation this morning regarding me and it is now escalating on a daily basis.

"I have tried not to comment on it up until this point as that is all it has been - speculation; I didn't want to give any substance to it. For me, it has been a case of 'business as usual' this week.

"However, the speculation hasn't gone away and I apologise to anyone if not commenting on this earlier has caused any issues for the supporters. Regardless, now is the time that I want to put these rumours to an end.

"Obviously on a personal level it is satisfying to be linked to jobs at clubs in a higher division, but that is all I take from these links. Players get linked to other clubs when they are doing well and you have to take it as a compliment in that sense.

"As I have also said, I believe these rumours are a compliment to Huddersfield Town too and we should take it as a positive that our success is catching the attention of people in the game outside of our area.

"However, I want to reiterate that I am 100% committed to the Owner, the fans and the players at Huddersfield Town and I am totally focussed on continuing this magnificent start to the season and getting this Club promoted.

"I want to put an end to this speculation - I am not interested in the Leicester vacancy. All I am interested in is moving forward with the job at hand at Huddersfield Town.

"My staff and I, and most importantly my family, are very happy here; we get looked after unbelievably well by the Club and we really appreciate it.

"My sole focus is on taking Huddersfield Town forward and achieving the goals that we are all so desperate to."

Good stuff. No offense to Clark, there was a time I'd have been delighted we had managed to snag an up and coming young manager. But I don't think that's what's needed at this time (obviously I think it's a bit surprising we've been linked to Solskjaer as he'd fall under that sort of category and Top has said himself they are after someone with experience in this division.

If what Step says about MON is true it would make sense to me, and also I think that'd be a good deal for both parties. MON wants a big job which is understandable, we want instant success. If he doesn't get us promoted within 2 years he's likely going to be gone anyway regardless of whether the England job pops up or not. If he gets us up and a big job becomes available then atleast the owners got what they want and can look for a new man to give the task of trying to cement our place there. IMO he's the best man for the job and we'd be silly to turn him down if he wants to come here.

On an event like this the amount of money they've taken for a candidate can massively affect the odds. So if lots of people put bets on Junior Lewis he would soon become favourite.

Junior Lewis eh? Hmmm. You know, the more I think about it the more I can see him doing a job for us.

Whilst I didn't, and indeed still don't, want Clark as manager, I have to respect his professionalism throughout the course of this. Even his refusal of the job has been well handled. Well played that man(ager)

Whilst I didn't, and indeed still don't, want Clark as manager, I have to respect his professionalism throughout the course of this. Even his refusal of the job has been well handled. Well played that man(ager)

Maybe what he refused was assistant/backup to MON?

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Mark Hughes has been in talks and we believe is still the main candidate for the job #Lcfc

Above is tweet from Fourth Official. Thought I'd post it as people seem to have forgotten about Hughes.....

Last edited:
God Im fed up with this now!!! You'd think we would be used to this managerial merry-go-round by now

Nearly 1,000 posts and we're none the wiser. I think this speculation is driving me round the bend. I'm sat here at work, neglecting my clients because I keep refreshing this forum and various other websites every 2 minutes in a bid to try and find out just who will be managing us from Sunday onwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566