Next Manager

Offer Potter what he wants, get him in the stand on Tuesday and in charge on Saturday, no way any manager wants to be taking his first game away at Man City.

Mike Stowell is 18/1 to be next permanent manager with Sky Bet

But caretakers managing 10 competitive fixtures is counted as permanent. So that could be a decent bet...

The other caretaker I considered earlier is Chris Powell. Not sure where he is ATM, maybe the England setup? But feel like the board could go for someone they've worked with as interim manager... 25/1 for him

The other caretaker I considered earlier is Chris Powell. Not sure where he is ATM, maybe the England setup? But feel like the board could go for someone they've worked with as interim manager... 25/1 for him

Fairly sure I've heard he's on that Ted Lasso thing.

Our squad have been coached to death by Rodgers. The last thing that they need is another man to walk in immediately with another fecking 'philosophy'.

We need to do what always works in this situation. Back to basics, up and at 'em football. Get aggressive on and off the pitch. **** the football. It's results that matter.

If we don't win on Tuesday, I'd have Allardyce in for Saturday. If we do win on Tuesday, I'd roll them on for another game.
I get that.

I'm just torn between being desperate to stay up & trying to take a longer view in case we go down. If that happens there's almost no chance of getting anyone decent in & we could be in for a hell of a long road back.

Potter is available
Pearson for the rest of the season
Alan (brother) son of Alan is available, lives in Hugglescote, will do the job for next to nothing!

I've read that when Brendan Rodgers (currently a free agent) joins a club, they're brilliant for the first two seasons - Worth a punt?

We need someone with bollocks, who can galvanise the players and bring some fight. Nothing else matters at this point. I like Potter but think it's too soon, plus, does he fit the bill of my above description? Not so sure.

Can't really think of anyone at the moment except Dyche except that he's taken. Pearson but if he were good enough, he'd already be in the Prem/top of the Championship. He won't come and no doubt it's a risk, but I'd take Vincent Kompany. Failing that, it has to be Rafa.

I've seen so many Leicester fans suggesting Pearson until the end of the season. Completely ignoring that

1. He's been a busted flush for years and no PL club will look at him
2. I think he's had a complete attitude adjustment and is just winding down on his career, and seems happier being out of the limelight of the PL
3. Most importantly and objectively, he's in contract at Bristol City (who are 14th in the Championship...). Why would he leave a permanent job to come here for 10 games?!

I've seen so many Leicester fans suggesting Pearson until the end of the season. Completely ignoring that

2. I think he's had a complete attitude adjustment and is just winding down on his career, and seems happier being out of the limelight of the PL
3. Most importantly and objectively, he's in contract at Bristol City (who are 14th in the Championship...). Why would he leave a permanent job to come here for 10 games?!
I think it would just be really funny if we got Nige back. I was sick to death of him by Feb 2015, then we went on that run but obviously that whole set up with his son and what cracked off was massively out of order and weird.

But time is a healer and I do kind of miss that Colonel Kurtz weirdness he brought.

Just fyi, I wasn't suggesting Big Nige. Though there seems to be something very romantic/nostalgic about our relationship with him. I suppose very few managers have multiple stints at the same club, and more importantly, this incredible decade we've had all started with him as captain of the ship. His tactical nous isn't the best but my word does he have a presence, players respect him and he's got a great record for teams at the bottom of any league.

Immediate fixes that the new man needs to implement:

1. Leaders - we're woefully short of them in the dressing room, so we're going to need someone who can pick these players up, build a bit of confidence and command them from the sidelines. Things BR had given up on.

2. Formation - how many more games do we need to see 4-5-1 leave our striker utterly isolated. Nacho, Vardy and Daka are all unable to play in this system, so this needs to change.

3. Players - there's a group of players not currently utilised that could help us unlock opponents and see out games. Get the defender that's off to Atletico Madrid to be a realistic option - he's probably still the best defender at the club. Use Mendy. Use Praet. PLAY Iheanacho.

4. Fitness/intensity - it's probably too late now to do much about fitness. The players have been woefully unfit all season. However, we can now make 5 subs and if the new man is able to make use of his whole squad, then we should be able to play a higher intensity game and rotate players out when they're knackered.

Potter is miles ahead of anybody else we could feasible get. If possible he is a must.

Talk of Pearson is pure wibble and Benitez was a busted flush years ago…

Potter is miles ahead of anybody else we could feasible get. If possible he is a must.

Totally agree. I'd be (happily) surprised if Potter was happy to walk straight in to this job, but here's hoping.

I'm not sure if Potter would save us if he comes in now.

Too much of a nice guy like BR was whereas we just need a **** who will put some fight and win at all costs mentality in to the team.

Plus his teams play great football but don't score goals - I'm sure he's gone 10 games without a win when he was at Brighton.

Just get a bastard that could save us and then go from there.

I'm not sure if Potter would save us if he comes in now.

Too much of a nice guy like BR was whereas we just need a **** who will put some fight and win at all costs mentality in to the team.

Plus his teams play great football but don't score goals - I'm sure he's gone 10 games without a win when he was at Brighton.

Just get a bastard that could save us and then go from there.
There is no proof we need this. We just need someone who can get a tune out of these players.

Someone who would wedge square pegs into square holes and round pegs into round holes would also be a starting point.

Playing 2 up top is a must also and stop this ****ing about with the ball at he back all the time.

Sensible substitutions might also help a bit, too.

Getting the players to ''buy in'' is all that is required. In my experience there will be completely different character types in the dressing room, some will need ''the stick'' and some ''the carrott'' and some will need both.

The 'ranting and raving' is not required across the board.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463