Next permanent manager

McKenna is a gamble due his lack of Championship experience, but then again, he was Man Utd assistant so he's been in and around the top.

Last Season with Ipswich:
101 goals scored (joint highest in that league for a decade)
Only 35 conceded
4 loses from 46 matches

2 years ago we'd have had top quality candidates banging the door down looking for the job. Today we've got failures, untried assistants looking for a first big gig & hail mary punts. Thats how far & fast the collapse has been.

Pretty much, but hey we have a new reality now where we've been relegated and can't attract proven big names... and even if we could, high profile Bodger Rodgers didnt exactly work out great by the end and there is pretty much no manager outside of Pep himself who hasn't experienced some sort of failure during their career.

As for Mendy, fair enough he's been criminally underused of late and may have faired better at a lower level but the bloke has done basically the square root of jack shit in the 6 or 7 years he's been here and has been out of favour by every manager we've had in that period. Will not be missed by me.....

The Telegraph sports team are very reliable on us.

The information has either come direct from someone senior at City (Rudkin or Whelan) or via agents of managers.

Percy wouldn't just put his name to floated names by agents so I assume he's got evidence of City contacting agents asking about their clients.

It's most likely to be Smith from that article but the absence of Potter from the list suggests that it's game playing from the club rather than a genuine list.
It could be this.

Or, as I suspect, it could be that these journalists are about as 'in the know' as Superscout. For every one thing Percy et al get right, there are 20 they don't.

Throw enough darts and eventually you'll hit a bullseye.

It could be this.

Or, as I suspect, it could be that these journalists are about as 'in the know' as Superscout. For every one thing Percy et al get right, there are 20 they don't.

Throw enough darts and eventually you'll hit a bullseye.

I just want some ****ing news. Manager appointment first and foremost. Rudderless Rudkins better get this ****ing right.

We're going to be the team that the vultures wanna tear apart, the only way to not get sucked in is to stamp dominance as soon as poss and bully teams. It'll set the tone right for the KP as well, get that "us V them" feeling back at the club.

We just haven’t bothered planning for this have we.

Wouldn’t be my first choice, but if the alternative is Gerrard or some unknown I would just stick with Smith. He at least will have some benefit of assessing everyone so should know the strengths and weaknesses of the players who are staying.

I don’t want us to just gamble and dig a deeper hole.

Word on the street is that interviews are taking place.

Potter was spoken to last week and nothing has happened which doesn't bode well. Smith also 'interviewed' last week.

Speculation around the twitterverse that Parker was interviewed at Seagrave today. Two seasons with teams in the Championship and two promotions will appeal to hapless Rudkin.

Word on the street is that interviews are taking place.

Potter was spoken to last week and nothing has happened which doesn't bode well. Smith also 'interviewed' last week.

Speculation around the twitterverse that Parker was interviewed at Seagrave today. Two seasons with teams in the Championship and two promotions will appeal to hapless Rudkin.

I’d be disappointed with Parker. He had money from the Khan family and knew the squad before beginning his campaigns I think (could be wrong).

Parker bitching like a little girl at Bournemouth last season and an assistant manager had to save them

Scott ****ing Parker FFS

It’s all actually getting worse

What a ****ing shower

It’s all just a smokescreen before the grand reveal of Big Nige to sort this mess out.

I can't see it being anyone other than Smith.

The Board already approved of Smith's appointment once, albeit under different circumstances, and in their eyes he probably did ok. So not sure why they would change that view.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463