Next permanent manager

I can't see it being anyone other than Smith.

The Board already approved of Smith's appointment once, albeit under different circumstances, and in their eyes he probably did ok. So not sure why they would change that view.
Because we need someone to do better than okay.

And therein lies the issue. Knowing us we’ll end up with worse than okay.

Well there's been no sacrificial lamb from the board, yet....I imagine we'll end up plodding along with Dean Smith, Shakey Tits and a shouty racist managing our decline. Happy days.

They did improve with 9 points in the games they had compared to Bodgers.

But... Would not fill me with joy either

Parker might not be that bad. At least he knows English football well. He got Bournemouth back into the Premier League. He's probably still got something to prove.

Expectation management working beautifully.

Leak some complete shite about Gerrard, Lampard and that hopeless **** Smith

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief about Scott ****ing Parker

LCFC PR machine doing it's job

Expectation management working beautifully.

We have to be realistic about who we can attract. Potter, for example, doesn't need to step down to the Championship to land a new job. He can just wait for PL manager to get sacked, the first of which will probably be in August this year because that always happens.

A story in the L Mercury says Dean Smith is a contender for the job, but is not thought to be City's first-choice candidate.

Ranieri got the job in the middle of July.
The first time we appointed Pearson it was 20th June.

They both did OK.
I’d hazard a guess that this is the longest period we’ve ever had at the club without a full time manager.

It would have been nice to have something sorted by now but I don't believe Leeds or Southampton have confirmed managers yet either, not that we should be happy to be as bad as others but it shows we aren't falling behind just yet.

Whilst the club rightly deserves criticism for the position we are in, it is also peak holiday season for players and managers so it could be whilst we are looking to push on ASAP, people we are interested in are on holiday for now as it is generally close season for football now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563