Next permanent manager

What is it that you don't like about old Mark?

Woh late response to this, sorry.

My desire for our football club is to get back into the Premier League as quickly as possible. I don't believe Mark Robins would be the right fit for that. I think he's done a stellar job at Coventry taking them from League Two to the Championship play-offs. He's a club legend for them and has brought them back to forefront - almost. He may well get them up next year but next season will be his 4th season in the Championship.

With our financial advantage and superior players (yep even with the 7 released), expectations will be to challenge as quickly as possible at the top end. And I think Mark would need more time and would want to build season-by-season over a few years.

I hate that we've been relegated and don't think it's going to be easy to come back, but we truly are a Premier League club now. It's where we belong. And we have to get back there as soon as possible. I for one don't believe we're in quite a big of a mess as some other posters here believe, many of whom want a manager who can build block by block, do it "the right way" whatever that means.

I think sod it, get a manager in who can shape the players up ASAP, add a bit of quality, and most important bring confidence that we are a Premier League club but that we have to work for it this season which is something we didn't do last season. I want our next manager to have one remit and one only - promotion this season. Building block by block will take longer and IMO is more risky for this season.

I say get the best manager we can, keep our squad together, bring some quality and throw the kitchen sink. As this is being done and once we're up again, we continue this rebuilding and look at the bigger problems in the club.

throw the kitchen sink
I get what you're saying in general and I see where you're coming from. We will still have an ok squad for the championship and need a manager to get them working as a team.

On that particular point (quoted) I'm not sure that we have a sink to throw or indeed would be permitted to throw it if we had one. We can't buy promotion. We'll have to stay within both means and budget. We'll be reliant on the new manager to make it work.

Don't mind the wait, if we are waiting for someone decent

If the alternative is ending up with a hopeless **** like Smith, Gerrard or Parker I'll happily wait til ****ing Christmas

Leicester Mercury comment by Jordan Blackwell.
As for Gerrard, I would not be surprised if he was on a list of people to consider, given his success with Rangers and given he is out of work. However, Smith has something Gerrard doesn't and that is experience of getting out of the Championship. So while Smith is not first choice, I do think he would be above Gerrard in the pecking order because of that.

Really no point in Parker, might as well just stick with Smith. Gerrard and Lampard are hopeless. I'm warming to the idea of Kieran McKenna and Enzo Maresca would be a bit of a punt in the dark...

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563