Next permanent manager

Read a story that Leicester were looking at Ange Postecoglou!
Can't see it happening, but wouldn't complain if it did.

Duff from Barnsley

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, in early July, we announce that Dean Smith will be given a three year contract. We do seem to work exceeding slowly to achieve very little!

Already taking too long, this
Smacks of what happened when we eventually got rid of Rodgers. No plan being worked on in the background, just hoping for the best and then having to react too late when it comes to it.

I think they'll be looking at the likes of:

Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Patrick Viera
Bruno Lage
Ralph Hasenhuttl
Javi Gracia
Steve Bruce
Nathan Owens

I dont think they should rush the decision at all as it is so so important but do we have the time? I am convinced they'll give it to Dean Smith. He's here already, he got Villa up once, and crucially (in their opinion) Shakespeare is with him and knows the club so they won't wanna deviate too quickly.

Personally I'd prefer someone like Nuno. We could do a lot lot worse. He's far better than the Championship IMO but he's managed Wolves through it, got them up and did well with them.

As a wildcard, Ruud Van Nilstelrooy could be a good shout. Good record at PSV and played some decent football. But it is a risk.
Ralph Hasenhuttl,Patrick Viera would not be a bad shout as for the rest ..... no thanks. I agree with others on here we need a complete clear out of the coaching staff and new approach. NP as director of football would be a massive improvement and would have the club functioning top to bottom, I seriously doubt whether our owner would ever approach him considering how he left us?

Smith would be terrible IMO.

Appointing him just because we need someone in quickly does very little - better to take an extra 2/3 weeks and get the right person than just hiring who we can this week.

We want the new manager quickly to sort the squad out, but realistically no one will be brought in on the playing side until we have a better idea who's leaving, and the manager won't play a big part in that part.

A lot of patience will be needed this summer!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563