Next permanent manager

Must say I'm not overly enthused. Fair enough he's got a good record in the Championship, and despite a crap Prem record, could argue you can't really judge the Bournemouth Prem stint as he was sacked early on for basically running his mouth about finances. That will get you in trouble at any club and is very Brendan Rodgers-esque excuse making. Good managers will make players better. There's really nothing between Parker and Smith for me so I find it a bit bizarre that we don't just stick with Smith. I think Id rather have him for his track record in building ground work at Villa and Brentford and actually doing a half decent job at the top level with Villa.

Can see your point, but after what we've seen from Dean Smith in the games he's had he'd be almost the bottom of the pile IMO.

He only turned up with anything that looked like any kind of game plan twice - against Man City and against Newcastle, both where he set out not to get ripped apart. And the plan against Man City didn't work at all, and the one at Newcastle was arguably a terrible plan. But when we should be on the front foot in games we're favourites to win, he seemed to have no idea - and you'd hope we'd go into most games next season as favourites.

The speed with which City operate means that it is pointless to speculate upon our next manager: he has probably only just been born!

The club is dysfunctional enough to be floating names in the media just to see the fan response and appointing based on that. Not saying that is what is definitely happening...but would any of us be surprised?

The club is dysfunctional enough to be floating names in the media just to see the fan response and appointing based on that. Not saying that is what is definitely happening...but would any of us be surprised?
I genuinely believe that.

Paddy Power puts Parker second favourite at 5/1 with Coneman the Barbarian at 4/11

This thread is getting like the four Yorkshiremen sketch.
There is a certain septic tank feel, isn't there? Luxury.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563