Next permanent manager

Maresca makes no sense.

I'm suspicious because his name has been linked with every vacancy recently. That suggests that he has an active agent pushing his name forward in the media.

It does seem as though we've interviewed him though. I remain very sceptical about appointing someone with so little experience or reputation.

Is this the time for the club to take a massive gamble? Absolutely not. The only time these owners did something similar was Sousa and that quickly became disastrous.

Maybe the internal review concluded that it's time to do everything differently? I seriously doubt it though.

The only time these owners did something similar was Sousa and that quickly became disastrous.
You don't think sacking Pearson after the great escape and hiring an ageing Ranieri on the back of some very mixed outcomes at several clubs and in international management where he had just failed in his stint as manager of Greece after losing to The Faroe Islands, was a gamble?

It most certainly was. It also paid off.

You don't think sacking Pearson after the great escape and hiring an ageing Ranieri on the back of some very mixed outcomes at several clubs and in international management where he had just failed in his stint as manager of Greece after losing to The Faroe Islands, was a gamble?

It most certainly was. It also paid off.

No, I don't think it was anything like as big a gamble as appointing Maresca would be.

Ranieri had, at that time, had massive experience and his only previous PL role was four years managing a big club relatively successfully.

His reputation was low but he wasn't a total stab in the dark.

Try again.

I like what I've read about Maresca. Sure it would be a gamble. Pep wants to keep him at City so his coaching skills are valued there. That's big in itself.

On the face of it his Parma stint doesn't look great but it doesn't exactly look bad either, won 4, drew 5, lost 4 and there is a sense that Parma pulled the rug far too quickly and many of their players at the time were disappointed they got rid of him. There was a similar job on there to what he will have on here....

Telegraph are saying it's looking like a done deal...

...curious mention of Esteban Cambiasso in there as well.

Maresca makes no sense.

I'm suspicious because his name has been linked with every vacancy recently. That suggests that he has an active agent pushing his name forward in the media.

It does seem as though we've interviewed him though. I remain very sceptical about appointing someone with so little experience or reputation.

Is this the time for the club to take a massive gamble? Absolutely not. The only time these owners did something similar was Sousa and that quickly became disastrous.

Maybe the internal review concluded that it's time to do everything differently? I seriously doubt it though.
I thought Sousa was Mandy's appointment?

No, I don't think it was anything like as big a gamble as appointing Maresca would be.

Ranieri had, at that time, had massive experience and his only previous PL role was four years managing a big club relatively successfully.

His reputation was low but he wasn't a total stab in the dark.

Try again.
It was a huge gamble. He'd been a journeyman since leaving Chelsea and had very mixed results. He was pretty much washed up which is why no one in Europe's top divisions were touching him with a bargepole, hence ending up at Greece. At the time, nearly everyone wanted a stable manager who was proven at keeping teams in the PL despite not having much in terms of resources. Ranieri came in to everyone's surprise and we were installed as favourites for relegation. Of course it was a gamble. I mean, there is no other way of describing it.

Just because you think otherwise, doesn't make it fact. We've done this. A lot.

It was a huge gamble. He'd been a journeyman since leaving Chelsea and had very mixed results. He was pretty much washed up which is why no one in Europe's top divisions were touching him with a bargepole, hence ending up at Greece. At the time, nearly everyone wanted a stable manager who was proven at keeping teams in the PL despite not having much in terms of resources. Ranieri came in to everyone's surprise and we were installed as favourites for relegation. Of course it was a gamble. I mean, there is no other way of describing it.

It’s also worth bearing in mind that virtually no one saw Ranieri as a good choice, probably including the players.

I count ten assumptions in your post. Most of which you can have no evidence for.

Just because you think otherwise, doesn't make it fact.

Live updates as Leicester City look to close in on a new manager appointment with Manchester City assistant boss Enzo Maresca the favourite to take the reins at the King Power Stadium.

Rather him than Gerrard or Parker, well pretty much anyone else who would/could come to Lcfc
Know nothing about him so fingers crossed it's a good decision!

I don't want anything to do with the awful Man City domination project. Getting excited about the prospect of nurturing their young players is pretty desperate stuff.

We will need to loan players this season, but I really hate the idea of helping them.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463