Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll disagree on Hughes' count. He had some decent games here esp. against Premiership opposition where the pitches were better and he had more time and space on the ball. No surprise to hear he's been Motherwell's player of the season and is pushing for a Scotland spot. He just wasn't cut out for the CCC and became a scapegoat for many.

He was better than Clemence was anyways....and that's backed up by fact.

Last edited:
I heard chris weale from Bristol City is a target to be our new keeper and we can get him on a free transfer .

Source Sky Sports.

Last edited:
And I very much doubt he will be anymore than back up here, anyone who thinks we are going to sign two top drawer keepers is deluded. We are likely to sign one very good keeper such as a Stockdale, Turnbull or Davis type and Weale will provide the cheap championship quality back up.

Anyone dropped Hahnemanns name into the hat yet?

Don't get this. He's not exactly set the world alite.

Yea i thought that to but then if hes on a free transfer might as well give him a try and if hes not good enough to be first choice we can also get someone else in before the season starts.

Anyone dropped Hahnemanns name into the hat yet?

Yeah I did several posts ago, and then I think Alex did a few days ago.

He would be my answer to a solid keeper for a season or two.

Yeah I did several posts ago, and then I think Alex did a few days ago.

He would be my answer to a solid keeper for a season or two.

Im still surprised they let him go. He has said he wants at least one more season in this country. Cheap to get in and as you say would get at least one season out of a proven and solid gk.

Chris Weale would be a strange signing, never heard of him to say whether he is any good or not.

Would prefer Bunn or Stockdale tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670