Next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich B

All Leicester fans, please treat this with an open mind. I am not saying this for my own benefit, nor to wind you up. Hopefully this will prepare you for what you may face next year.

League One is a very exciting league, but one that is extremely difficult to get out of without the right attitude. Forest spent 3 years down there - 1st season sacked Megson and began to play in March, just missed the playoffs, 2nd season, Colin Calderwood, top at Christmas, playoff heartbreak, 3rd season, Auto promotion on last day.

We had a torrid time down there. We were good at home for the 3 seasons, but spent the majority of it being woeful away. This was for the simple reason that teams like Bournemouth, Cheltenham, Hartlepool, Chesterfield, Oldham, Huddersfield, Swindon etc etc all raised their game in their "cup final", on terrible pitches, in small, windy, boggy grounds, and we didn't cope. We had a terrible attitude, that we 'deserved to go up' because we are twice European Champions, world-reknowned, Nottingham Forest. You don't have our history or fan-base, but you could be forgiven for thinking the same. You probably will be a ‘scalp’.

So you must accept that you now play football in the third tier, you have no more right than Peterborough, MK Dons, Walsall or Leyton Orient to get promoted. You need to get behind the team and support them in all times of hardship - it is the only way.

Be prepared for the 1st round of the League Cup and FA Cup, facing non-league opposition. Oh, and don’t forget your mandatory inclusion in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, where you have to field 8 first teamers in order to escape a fine. Also look forward to tiny write-ups in the national press, no teletext coverage whatsoever, about 15 seconds tops on the Championship on a Sunday morning, and the derision of all football fans in the midlands. Enjoy going to tiny grounds with an away allocation of 500, enjoy the Crisp Bowl housing your 7,000 season ticket holders.

For all the abuse you gave Forest, I hope you stay down there for a very long time. You are not a big club. The majority of Forest fans treat you with disdain – because you mean so little to us. Our only rivalry is against Derby County, and they are twice the club you are. You are insignificant. You shall not be missed.

I remember the flag at the crisp packet when we went down - "F**k off Forest and don't come back" well who is laughing now......

The majority of Forest fans treat you with disdain – because you mean so little to us.

...oooh and that's why you've taken the time to come and write a massive rant on here?! As have many other forest fans on various leicester websites in the past few days. All claiming you couldn't give a shit about us but then posting a link to some forest forum with a 6 page thread talking about us.

We know your main rivalry is Derby geez but if you don't care care about us at all why don't you just leave us alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not a big club. The majority of Forest fans treat you with disdain – because you mean so little to us. Our only rivalry is against Derby County, and they are twice the club you are. You are insignificant. You shall not be missed.

I remember the flag at the crisp packet when we went down - "F**k off Forest and don't come back" well who is laughing now......

I don't think anyone thinks we're a big club. I think our laughter at your demise came from Forest fans thinking they were still a big club. The potential at Leicester City is massive - bigger than Forest in fact.

Anyway our local derby is Coventry...

Last edited:
All Leicester fans, please treat this with an open mind. I am not saying this for my own benefit, nor to wind you up. Hopefully this will prepare you for what you may face next year.

I hope you stay down there for a very long time. You are not a big club. The majority of Forest fans treat you with disdain – because you mean so little to us. Our only rivalry is against Derby County, and they are twice the club you are. You are insignificant. You shall not be missed.

:058:

you have to laugh really, Forest hate us, we ARE one of your biggest rivals.. there's no use denying it, Derby are a bigger rival of yours and they are probably a bigger rival of ours as well to be fair.

We'll see what next season brings, our club is at an all time low and yours is just coming out of one, the similarities between our plight and your own a few seasons ago is uncanny..

We'll see what next season brings, our club is at an all time low and yours is just coming out of one, the similarities between our plight and your own a few seasons ago is uncanny..

Are the trees really coming out though, or will they be back down next season? We actually finished above them, again, in the league this season.

For me personally beating the trees will always be more pleasurable than beating any other team. I guess it depends on when you started supporting the City. My lad doesn't even know who they are. :icon_wink

When we get promoted as champions next season just think how euphoric we're going to be. It seems even finishing second in the Third division is uplifting in the extreme.

For me personally beating the trees will always be more pleasurable than beating any other team.

I actually don't mind them. I certainly haven't got the penis envy (cue Innocent!) that many of our supporters seem to have with their choruses of anti-forest stuff in the kop every bloody week, what's that all about then? Get behind our team not one that we aren't even playing. Probably comes from working in Nottingham and with Nottingham people and most aren't that bad.

Now I've also worked in Derby and found them to be on a much lower evolutionary level!

The teams I really hate are those who have supporters that have caused me or those I know severe grief over the years, sometimes physical grief. For that reason I will always hate Stoke, Coventry and West Ham far far more than the Notts lot.

You don't have our history or fan-base, but you could be forgiven for thinking the same. You probably will be a ‘scalp’.QUOTE]

Average Attendances 2007/08

LCFC 23508 NFFC 19955 :098::098:
And the reason you dont get tv coverage is because nobody likes you everyone is sick of you going on and on about your history and european success surely there is only so long you bunch of inbred freaks can keep using it to try and hide the fact you are a small under-achieving sack of shit!

OK, nice start, lets see what he's got to say....

For all the abuse you gave Forest, I hope you stay down there for a very long time. You are not a big club. The majority of Forest fans treat you with disdain – because you mean so little to us. Our only rivalry is against Derby County, and they are twice the club you are. You are insignificant. You shall not be missed.

Ahh, ok - just another person giving abuse. :038: Gotta ask - what did our flag do to you at the Walkers, seems a weird thing to remember. Maybe it was the colour or the club emblem?

Nice of them to take the time to register though!

Last edited:
League One is a very exciting league, but one that is extremely difficult to get out of without the right attitude.
You make it sound like Meadowhall Shopping Centre.

Is there a WH Smith in League 1? There'd better be or there'll be trouble!

Can't be arsed reading all that.If you want to take the piss fair enough but keep it short

League One is a very exciting league, but one that is extremely difficult to get out of without the right attitude. Forest spent 3 years down there - 1st season sacked Megson and began to play in March, just missed the playoffs, 2nd season, Colin Calderwood, top at Christmas, playoff heartbreak, 3rd season, Auto promotion on last day.

We had a torrid time down there. We were good at home for the 3 seasons, but spent the majority of it being woeful away. This was for the simple reason that teams like Bournemouth, Cheltenham, Hartlepool, Chesterfield, Oldham, Huddersfield, Swindon etc etc all raised their game in their "cup final", on terrible pitches, in small, windy, boggy grounds, and we didn't cope. We had a terrible attitude, that we 'deserved to go up' because we are twice European Champions, world-reknowned, Nottingham Forest. You don't have our history or fan-base, but you could be forgiven for thinking the same. You probably will be a ‘scalp’.

So you must accept that you now play football in the third tier, you have no more right than Peterborough, MK Dons, Walsall or Leyton Orient to get promoted. You need to get behind the team and support them in all times of hardship - it is the only way.

Be prepared for the 1st round of the League Cup and FA Cup, facing non-league opposition. Oh, and don’t forget your mandatory inclusion in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, where you have to field 8 first teamers in order to escape a fine. Also look forward to tiny write-ups in the national press, no teletext coverage whatsoever, about 15 seconds tops on the Championship on a Sunday morning, and the derision of all football fans in the midlands. Enjoy going to tiny grounds with an away allocation of 500, enjoy the Crisp Bowl housing your 7,000 season ticket holders.

I'm laughing at you mate - the most hypocritical idiot that ever shagged a tree.

Next season is going to be going to crappy grounds with crappy fans all singing "You're not famous anymore" to you inside the first ten seconds.

Next season will be spent watching the worst football ever ( inc last ) seen.

And just wait until the JPT cup draw and/or the FA cup 1st round.

No matter what slingshots and arrows you fire at Forest in a misguided attempt to fight back, nothing but nothing can compare you for what waits in store - and the beauty is that you won't rush back.....:icon_cool

crappy fans all singing "You're not famous anymore" to you inside the first ten seconds.
Well we'll turn round within half a second a sarcastically applaud them. That'll teach 'em!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669