Next season's Championship line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Championship Taking Shape

Thighs? Alright, but I prefer a nice ankle me.

As for the league. Newcastle will undoubtedly spiral out of control, particularly if they hang their hat on Shearer.

Boro? Southgate's not up to it in my opinion.

Certainly there are some big clubs in the league, but we have momentum, a good manager, a chairman with some cash, and the makings of a decent squad. I'm not sure many other teams can lay claim to all of that, in fact, there aren't too many teams in the league I'd want to swap places with.

City have every chance to get promoted, it's important we start well, but I'm sure Pearson and his staff will have everyone ready come week 1.

Complain? I am just voicing my opinion, which is the whole point of an internet forum :icon_lol:

Cate you are not going to let a 16 year old punk talk to you like that?

Thighs? Alright, but I prefer a nice ankle me.

As for the league. Newcastle will undoubtedly spiral out of control, particularly if they hang their hat on Shearer.

Boro? Southgate's not up to it in my opinion.

Certainly there are some big clubs in the league, but we have momentum, a good manager, a chairman with some cash, and the makings of a decent squad. I'm not sure many other teams can lay claim to all of that, in fact, there aren't too many teams in the league I'd want to swap places with.

City have every chance to get promoted, it's important we start well, but I'm sure Pearson and his staff will have everyone ready come week 1.

Have to agree. Newcastle/Shearer are a car crash waiting to happen. Southgate will be out of a job after 10 games. Mowbray may well fancy taking part in the 2 club Jocko League leaving WBA in the lurch.

Newcastle
West Brom
Preston
Cardiff
Ipswich
Middlesboro
Derby
Sheff Utd
Leicester city
Reading
Sheff Wed
Bristol City
QPR
Swansea
Crystal Palace
Nottm Forest
Peterbough
Coventry
Watford
Blackpool
Doncaster
Plymouth
Scunthorpe
Barnsley

Here's my prediction for the table....

Complain? I am just voicing my opinion, which is the whole point of an internet forum :icon_lol:

Stop picking on Harbro Cate! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

For me this year i think were gonna be right up there. The momentum in this club over the last 6 months has proved to me that we are on the right track.

I think we are more than capable of beating all the teams in this league. We are well equipped with a good base of footballing staff that just need 4-5 additions.

We have a good management and scouting team. Quite possibly the best we have had in a long while. We have turned into winners and i look at swansea as examples. They were comfortably mid table after winning this league last year and i feel we are a better side than them.

There is some shit in this league too. Quite a lot imo.

I'm going for a comfortable play off spot and i'm even going to go as far as saying were in with a shout of automatic. I don't care if i get labelled a mongie. It's time we had some optimism around the club. We shouldn't need to fall back into the negativity of previous seasons.

In the Championship, so much is down to the attitude and togetherness of the players/staff.

In my opinion Burnley have no better a squad than Norwich, but the difference in terms of man management and getting the best out of their players is immense.

NP is pretty good at this. His abilities in these areas remind me a lot of Brian Little.

I can forsee a 2009/10 season akin to the 1991/92 one with an average bunch of players playing functional football and outdoing some supposedly superior opposition to achieve a play off position.

However, all depends on the start we make. Mad Mandy could quite easily sack NP by November if we're not living up to his expectations.

Last edited:

If we play as well as we can then top 6 is very feasable, however some people seem to be forgetting how much they were moaning about how shite we were playing towards the end of last season. We need to pick up our pre xmas form again to be serious contenders.

We need a few players first before any prediction is forthcoming from me. Haven't got a decent keeper on our books to start with or a third striker with promise of making the cut. Or a dirty, little midfielder or a back-up left-back whose not one-paced.

Cate you are not going to let a 16 year old punk talk to you like that?

tbh I cant be arsed with it... if he cant accept that people have differing opinions then unfortunately an internet football forum isnt for him.. :)

Stop picking on Harbro Cate! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

shuddup you :icon_lol:
I like the way he singles me out, when others have said way worse things and he hasnt said anything to them.

Last edited:

shuddup you :icon_lol:
I like the way he singles me out, when others have said way worse things and he hasnt said anything to them.

I'm not singling you out, people do take the piss out of my posts which I don't care but they also agree with me sometimes or they will quote and explain something the only time you ever quote me you either but :icon_roll or :102:

I'm not singling you out, people do take the piss out of my posts which I don't care but they also agree with me sometimes or they will quote and explain something the only time you ever quote me you either but :icon_roll or :102:

I cant be arsed anymore, I always put a comment but if you cant accept a differing opinion (maybe its because I am female) then thats your problem.

I cant be arsed anymore, I always put a comment but if you cant accept a differing opinion (maybe its because I am female) then thats your problem.

So your'e saying I'm sexist? I didn't even know you were female until a bit ago, I can happily accept differing opinions it is a forum at the end of the day.

So your'e saying I'm sexist? I didn't even know you were female until a bit ago, I can happily accept differing opinions it is a forum at the end of the day.

Surely you must have guessed from the name?

Surely you must have guessed from the name?

Nah, I didn't. No offence I don't really care if you are male or female it doesen't at all have anything to do with what I was saying before.

Leicester city

Newcastle

West Brom

Middlesboro

QPR

Ipswich

Sheff Utd

Cardiff

Reading

Preston

Derby

Coventry

Nottm Forest

Swansea

Crystal Palace

Watford

Bristol City

Peterbough

Sheff Wed

Blackpool

Doncaster

Barnsley

Plymouth

Scunthorpe
While a lot of you seem to think this is a hard league, it looks the weakest it has for a while to me. Take out the threee relegated clubs and Sheffield Utd, and there's bugger all else there. Almost anyone else has a shot at the playoffs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669