Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Reid has done an excellent job with Hamilton, winning promotion to the SPL and then managing to keep them in the division, he has achieved this through developing some talented younger players and has even managed to continue improving Hamilton despite losing his star player James McCarthy.

I agree with Babylon, far more exciting prospect than the likes of Dowie, Adams, Coleman etc.

Glad to see you'll give him a chance. Rather someone like that than one of the proven failures that get trotted out every time.

Sorry for thinking we were going down the lines of Craig Levein again :icon_roll

Sorry for thinking we were going down the lines of Craig Levein again :icon_roll

Just because the Levein route didn't work, doesn't mean that every Scottish manager is necesarilly going to fail. If Reid is the best available man then so be it.

Levein came to the club at a time it was on his knees. I don't think we saw the best of him. Under-estimated the league.

I like you would like someone a bit higher profile but none of us would've picked Pearson out either.

Are all Scottish managers like him? There are a hundreds of Scottish managers you could list that have done well down south.

Are all Scottish managers like him? There are a hundreds of Scottish managers you could list that have done well down south.

Could you list these 'hundreds' of scottish manager who have done well down south?

He could be the next best thing since sliced bread, he could also he absolutely shit. Any manager we employ is a risk, I'd just rather we took a risk with someone who had some understanding of the league we play in.

Could you list these 'hundreds' of scottish manager who have done well down south?

He could be the next best thing since sliced bread, he could also he absolutely shit. Any manager we employ is a risk, I'd just rather we took a risk with someone who had some understanding of the league we play in.

Like Coleman? Or Dowie?

There is a few to start with off the top of my head that have had some kind of success down south. I could trail the leagues and the decades to find a shit load more, but... well I have better things to do.

Matt Gillies
Jock Wallace
Alex Ferguson
David Moyes
Owen Coyle
Alex McLeish
Kenny Dalglish
Matt Busby
Bill Shankly
Jock Stein
Darren Ferguson
George Burley
Gordon Strachan
Tommy Docherty
Graeme Souness

Holloway had knowledge of our league and that got us nowhere.

There is a few to start with off the top of my head that have had some kind of success down south. I could trail the leagues and the decades to find a shit load more, but... well I have better things to do.

Matt Gillies
Jock Wallace
Alex Ferguson
David Moyes
Owen Coyle
Alex McLeish
Kenny Dalglish
Matt Busby
Bill Shankly
Jock Stein
Darren Ferguson
George Burley
Gordon Strachan
Tommy Docherty
Graeme Souness

Holloway had knowledge of our league and that got us nowhere.

Strachan has had success down here? Really?
Tbf to the OP a lot of those had played down here and had some experience of English football. Not that I'm agreeing with him, Jose Mourinho had no experience of English football before he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669