nguessan going to sign 3 years contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get him in, looks like a decent player.....young.....pacey....arrogant.....skillful, its a great base as long as the arrogance can be turned into confidence and with a bit of Nigey magic he will flourish. :)

Lincoln is fast becoming a feeder club for us, what with Hobbs and Keep Ngueesan.

Good news for Lincoln, they need the dough, so they can buy some forwards that can score.................woeful watching them this year.

Lincoln is fast becoming a feeder club for us, what with Hobbs and Keep Ngueesan.

Good news for Lincoln, they need the dough, so they can buy some forwards that can score.................woeful watching them this year.

What dough are they getting? I thought he was out of contract?

according to a lincoln fan that i work with the boy is set for the big time. pace, power, excellent feet and an eye for a goal.

according to a lincoln fan that i work with the boy is set for the big time. pace, power, excellent feet and an eye for a goal.

Before the arrival of NP I'd have probably posted the following :

"We'll soon batter all those plus points out of him"

Now - I like the sound of the guy and NP and the team will help him improve.

Before the arrival of NP I'd have probably posted the following :

"We'll soon batter all those plus points out of him"

Now - I like the sound of the guy and NP and the team will help him improve.

Apparently attitude was a slight problem but he started to knuckle down last season. I think NP may be the man to get the best out of him.

Blimey. He looks world class on that video. In fact the whole Lincoln team looks lke Brazil. Sign them all Nigel.

Worth a go, I suppose if he is free. Not that keen on League 2 players but he looks alrite on them videos so may as well go for him, plus we are hardly blessed with good wingers.

Last edited:
decent player from youtube vids not the best shot in the world so maybe not a player to go up front. He is 6ft 1 so he is a nice height for the championship that is probly one of the reasons nige signed as well as his pace and skill.

Last edited:
They'll get compensation as he's only 21.

Sorry - I know I am a bit slow, but I don't get it. N'Guerillapants' contract at the Imps ends, therefore he has no contract with the football club - unless we have actively 'tapped him up' why would we have to compensate Lincoln? Is it because otherwise cracking players from the lower leagues would always let their contracts run out once they knew bigger clubs may be interested? At what point is the cut off? If N'GoGoGadetpants was out of contract still after a month, would compensation still be owed to Lincoln?

Sorry - I know I am a bit slow, but I don't get it. N'Guerillapants' contract at the Imps ends, therefore he has no contract with the football club - unless we have actively 'tapped him up' why would we have to compensate Lincoln? Is it because otherwise cracking players from the lower leagues would always let their contracts run out once they knew bigger clubs may be interested? At what point is the cut off? If N'GoGoGadetpants was out of contract still after a month, would compensation still be owed to Lincoln?

due to his age I think, we will have to pay out.

They brought in the rule a few years ago that clubs get compensation if their young players leave at the end of their contract. I think it's for players aged 23 and under

Basically yes, so they don't let their contracts run out because of a big club snooping around.

They are only entitled to compensation though if they have offered the player a new contract with terms at least as good as his current contract as far as I know. So for example, if we just decide not to give a youth player a contract, his new club won't have to pay us... but if we've offered him a new deal, then they would.

And as for the last bit about if he'd already been out of contract for a month, I'm pretty sure that yes we'd still have to pay compensation.

Since the Bosman rule came in clubs have received "training compensation" when a young player (up to 24 I think) leaves at the end of his contract.
We've signed players this way several times in the past, Nicky Adams is probably the most recent, but there have been others such as Gareth Williams.

There would be no incentive for clubs to develop their own players if they could just walk away for nothing if they turn out to be any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669