nguessan going to sign 3 years contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how much these type of reports make you want to sign a player at any cost, within reason.

It's amazing how much these type of reports make you want to sign a player at any cost, within reason.

True. I wasn't that arsed about the rumours of us resigning Dickov until there was talk of him joining Blackpool or a team in the States......

I'd like to see if N'Guessan is actually any good or if he'll just be a black Josh Low.

Last edited:
Tbh it sounds to me like his agent trying to generate interest and/or up his wages.

What makes you think that this is his agent's work when it is Lincoln's chairman who is being quoted throughout?

Whatever the chairman says and whatever he might like to think, the situation is now completely in the hands of the player. Lincoln City have no say at all in where he goes. Their only interest is that if the fee goes to tribunal, the compensation will be based on a multiplier of what the player (and his agent) have managed to secure in the way of salary.

To a point, but while everyone knows that Collymore had "issues", you have got to question Taylor's management skills.

MON seemed to know how to handle him & I would guess NP would have achieved this too, but Collymore in his book is more critical of Taylor than any other manager in affecting his mental state.

So Taylor & Collymore, sounds a bit like Allen and his handling of Fryatt (bin him into the youth team after one training session). Look what NP got out of him
Kind of the point I was trying to make. Collymore may be critical of Taylor, but he has always spoken highly of MON, and this was reflected in his on-field performances.

What makes you think that this is his agent's work when it is Lincoln's chairman who is being quoted throughout?

Whatever the chairman says and whatever he might like to think, the situation is now completely in the hands of the player. Lincoln City have no say at all in where he goes. Their only interest is that if the fee goes to tribunal, the compensation will be based on a multiplier of what the player (and his agent) have managed to secure in the way of salary.

If it's nothing to do with the chairman then you have to wonder where he's getting his info from. And if the compensation depends on his wages then he has an interest in upping his wages.

I don't know if any of this is true, I just get a bit suspicious of these press reports.

To a point, but while everyone knows that Collymore had "issues", you have got to question Taylor's management skills.

MON seemed to know how to handle him & I would guess NP would have achieved this too, but Collymore in his book is more critical of Taylor than any other manager in affecting his mental state.

So Taylor & Collymore, sounds a bit like Allen and his handling of Fryatt (bin him into the youth team after one training session). Look what NP got out of him

The thing about Colleymore is that he only played about 5 or 6 games for MON before he got injured. If he'd been around longer it might have been a different story.

If it's nothing to do with the chairman then you have to wonder where he's getting his info from. And if the compensation depends on his wages then he has an interest in upping his wages.

He has an interest in it - but no control over it.

I don't know if any of this is true, I just get a bit suspicious of these press reports.

Newspapers/websites have to fill their space somehow.

One factor in the forefront of the mind of any Agent is the fact that Mad Mandy has an extensive history of paying too much money to average players (and their Agents).

Hence another summer of excessive yabber about anyone we're even remotely interested in.

Latest taken from BBC - Interesting that he is compared to Hobbs !!!

Imps hope to agree N'Guessan fee

Lincoln chairman Steff Wright says he is hopeful that Dany N'Guessan's move to a new club will not have to go before a Football League tribunal.

The out-of-contract 21-year-old, who has turned down a new deal, has been linked with a host of clubs including Sheffield United, Leeds and Leicester.

The Frenchman scored nine goals for the Imps last season.

Wright told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "It is far better if we can agree a figure with a club."

He continued: "Dany is a player of great potential who has developed a lot in the last year.

"As an attacking player you could value Dany higher than Jack Hobbs who recently moved to Leicester, there is no doubt that, at just 21, Dany is a very valuable player."

Last week Lincoln confirmed that N'Guessan had turned down the offer of a new contract at Sincil Bank, opening the way for the former Rangers man to leave the club.

As he is under the age of 24 the Imps are entitled to compensation for the player when he joins a new club.

I wonder if everyone is still wanking over 'Knowitall' on FT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00