Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that but given our resources we have the pick of the players in this hellhole of a league so theres no excuses to not be competing fro promotion next season. As long as they are vetted and selected properly I'd rather see hungry players wanting to prove themselves to big time charlies looking for a final pay day as we have seen al too often of late.

Agreed. To be honest, it's a league in which I can generate no interest whatsoever , but you are right, all things being equal, we should be in the mix for promotion.

Is he right or left footed? (from utube info looks like he took penalty with left foot/ crossbar challenge with right !) hope hes a left footer if Max is as good as they say on the right

Dale target set for Lge 1 switch
Monday 30 Jun 2008 11:31:16 by Col

Long term Dale target Nicky Adams is set for a switch to Leicester City, after the out of contract winger agreed a move to the Walkers Stadium.

It had been widely thought for a while that Adams was on his way to Spotland, and it was far from just the usual local rumour mill doing the rounds.But on the day that his contract at Gigg Lane finally expired, it seemed that Dale have been pipped at the post by Leicester City.

The newly relegated League One side have plenty of money to spend having sold two players for in excess of £1,000,000 in recent days, and it seemed they could offer more as a club to the Welsh Under 21 international than we could.

This news is expected to be confirmed at some stage early this week, when Leicester announce the signature of Adams.

Anyone know of this lad?

Cant say I have ever heard of him but like to see that we are getting in 'good talent'

i saw him play several times last season while sneaking off to watch bury play. hes a talented youngster, though maybe a tad on the beer-belly side of some of the more slender players around. good eye for a pass, has set andy bishop up with countless crosses and throughballs. helped to rip norwich to peices in burys double encounter with the budgies in the fa cup last year.
hes young , not too quick, does tend to take too many players on and loose the ball , but.....for all his negative points, he can pass well, serve the forwards welland isnt afraid to have a long distance pop himself, with some good accuracy. in our new division , i really dont think he;ll struggle too much and with some better quality players around him, he could blend in well.

Re: Nicky Adams signs

What position is he?

Another one I don't have an opinion on...

What position is he?

Another one I don't have an opinion on...

In answer to my own question...

"He can play anywhere across the middle of the park and he has got a real eye for goal. I see him very much as a player with a big future ahead of him."

I'm actually more excited about the players this year than I was last year, which says a lot I suppose

Positive batch of signings today, all three 25 or under and clearly Pearson signings. A step in the right direction IMO.

I suppose at least we are signing players accustomed to this level. I just hope that they are of the right calibre. If we have signed players who are mediocre for this level we are going to find ourselves in bad shape.

I suppose at least we are signing players accustomed to this level. I just hope that they are of the right calibre. If we have signed players who are mediocre for this level we are going to find ourselves in bad shape.

None of the three played at this level last year :icon_conf

Ian Harte or Michael Nelson :102:

No idea A-Z ..... From what I can gather the 3 signings that have been announced were all completed prior to today. I know of a 4th, but this may or may not happen today, still negotiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669