Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
finnally found his stats. he got 19 in 1995/6

Edit: Too Slow
Was that the season he got 2 against Derby in a 3-3 draw, and would've, no should've, had his hatrick, but ballooned the easiest chance over the bar?

If so, then he would've, no should've, had 20 league goals.

Has pace, which we've been screaming out for and is an excellent finisher with an eye for the specatular. We are a much better side with Maynard in it than we would be without him.

He's world apart from ade in terms of ability.

Was that the season he got 2 against Derby in a 3-3 draw, and would've, no should've, had his hatrick, but ballooned the easiest chance over the bar?

If so, then he would've, no should've, had 20 league goals.

The 3-3 with Derby was 1993/94, I think. Paul Kitson scored a hat trick for Derby if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Cheers, remember the game itself. Very good atmosphere.

I was tucked up in bed listening to it on Radio Leicester. It was a school night (I was 10) and Dad let me stay up a bit later than normal to listen to the match.

Thought Iwan got a hat trick that night, kitson tried to claim one but one goal was ruled as an own goal?
(need to go and look now)

I was tucked up in bed listening to it on Radio Leicester. It was a school night (I was 10) and Dad let me stay up a bit later than normal to listen to the match.
Night games always seem to add that little bit extra, don't they? (I wasn't 10 ;))

Thought Iwan got a hat trick that night, kitson tried to claim one but one goal was ruled as an own goal?
(need to go and look now)

Of Fossils and Foxes tells me you're right. Roberts hat trick for us, a Kitson brace and a Jimmy Willis own goal for them.

Well he certainly isn't signing a new deal at Bristol City. They now accept they need to offload him during the window whilst he will command a fee. We are in the box seat, a deal is agreed in principle and LCFC representatives are now speaking with Nicky Maynard and his agent in an attempt to strike a deal with the player and get the transfer through in time for the weekend. Touch and go.

touch and go that it will happen, or that it will happen in time?

touch and go that it will happen, or that it will happen in time?
I read it as the latter. Bristol City seem resigned to him going and we're the only club with a confirmed interest, everything else is speculation.Let's hope this protracted saga is over quickly. I'd imagine it was extremely doubtful he'd play for us on Saturday even if a deal was complete but with the international break coming up, he'd have a reasonable amount of time to settle before Barnsley.

Just a thought but if Maynard signs will the 2 goals he scored against us contribute to the 20 goals a season target everyone seems obsessed with?

Just a thought but if Maynard signs will the 2 goals he scored against us contribute to the 20 goals a season target everyone seems obsessed with?

No - he has to cancel them out by actually scoring 22 for us, otherwise Sven will be sacked and replaced by Peter Taylor and John Gregory. FACT

I think, and I'm being very honest here, that I'm going to struggle to bag 20 goals this season, but do I still get my pickled onion Monster Munch and a cable for Sofa connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669