Nigel Pearson- "It's my City team doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might not have agreed with the sacking, but they'd be in breach of contract if they'd just walked out, and the club could have taken legal action against them.
I don't think Ranieri would have stood in their way, as he came with his own staff. And there was no indication of any unrest in the camp, even from the players.

Maybe.

But there has been no mumblings or murmurs at all, which to me suggests that the people still at the club, most likely to know why he was sacked can at least understand the reason for it.

The fact that there is a confidentiality clause strongly suggests it isn't about performance or a difference in ambition or expectations.

If Nigel was just paying the price for his son's behaviour I would expect that to cause some rumblings as it would be very unfair, especially as Nigel seems to have been well liked.

To me it seems that Nigel has done or said something indefensible.

One member of Pearson's staff has left because he got another job. The others are still there because they haven't. Simple as that.

One member of Pearson's staff has left because he got another job. The others are still there because they haven't. Simple as that.
Really?
If NP gets a job outside the Premier league I can't see them scuttling along to join him.
Didn't KP leave for a promoted role on what he was doing here?

Coaches and assistants follow the manager more often than not because it offers them more long term stability.

What if Claudio is sacked and Pearson already has a new team in place? What next for his old colleagues? They could all be out of their arse with no obvious route back into football.

If NP gets a gig in the top flight I would be surprised if there wasn't some effort made to get them to leave, and if it was possible they would leave in a flash.

All speculative bollocks but that is how I see shit going down.

Coaches and assistants follow the manager more often than not because it offers them more long term stability.

What if Claudio is sacked and Pearson already has a new team in place? What next for his old colleagues? They could all be out of their arse with no obvious route back into football.

If NP gets a gig in the top flight I would be surprised if there wasn't some effort made to get them to leave, and if it was possible they would leave in a flash.

All speculative bollocks but that is how I see shit going down.

I'd agree with that. Whilst I like Pearson and respect the job he did for us, for selfish reasons I kind of hope he takes a while to find employment again so that we can keep Steve Walsh for as long as possible. Pearson will absolutely attempt to take him as he can clearly see the value he brings to a club.

Or Steve Walsh senior could decide that life with Ranieri and Citeh might be better than life with Pearson, and there are very few Premier League clubs with a better set-up, infrastructure, sports science etc to look after the players that now make us attractive to players.

It appears Nigel took advice from Sir Alex Ferguson on his press conferences last season, to be more agressive. This was earlier in the season well before Ostrichgate etc.

This is interesting as a number of us suspected that the whole 'I've gone nuts' charicature was a deliberate attempt to create a siege mentality. Fair play to both SAF and NP; it worked.

If NP gets a gig in the top flight

Would any Premier League club seriously consider employing him? One would only come calling were they to be in mortal danger and NP has professed to being a 'build a team' type boss; not an instant impact man. He was perilously close to taking down a team that he had moulded so why would he be effective in the short term with players he didn't choose? I think any Premier League Chairman considering him would be potty.

Only Newcastle of the likely suspects could contemplate him above candidates such as Allardyce and I think they'll persist with McClaren to the bitter end this season.

I suspect he'll get a mid table Championship gig and Shakespeare will be off to join him in a flash, possibly Stowell too. The one we need to keep is the one NP needs most in order to effectively build another team for him; Steve Walsh. Walsh is very settled in Leicestershire and is the one with a history with Ranieri so I'd hope the prospect of starting again with lesser resources is insufficient to tempt him.

One thing I would do if I were in Rudkin's shoes is offer Walsh a new contract at seriously inflated terms to secure the situation as early as possible. A new title such as Director of Recruitment would be appropriate too. I'd also be keen to do similar with the likes of Matt Reeves and the sports scientists/analysts.

It's entirely possible that Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa and Stoke could be looking for new managers by the end of this season. I really don't see why Pearson wouldn't warrant consideration by any of them - and two of them are close enough that staff wouldn't have to move...

It's entirely possible that Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa and Stoke could be looking for new managers by the end of this season. I really don't see why Pearson wouldn't warrant consideration by any of them - and two of them are close enough that staff wouldn't have to move...
I agree with BN on this. I think Pearson would stand a decent chance of any of those jobs if the trapdoor to the Football League had already opened. In the event that he can get the right staff on board, he would be a good pick for a relegated Premier League side to rebuild. In fact there are, I feel, few people who can claim to be a better choice for such a club at the minute.

I agree with BN on this. I think Pearson would stand a decent chance of any of those jobs if the trapdoor to the Football League had already opened. In the event that he can get the right staff on board, he would be a good pick for a relegated Premier League side to rebuild. In fact there are, I feel, few people who can claim to be a better choice for such a club at the minute.

I agree BM. I have thought for a while, though, that he would end up at either Sheff Weds or Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669