Nigel Pearson- "It's my City team doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new there then. Obviously his settlement was big enough to get him to keep his mouth shut about being a twat, and believing that behaving like a twat is alright!

Obviously the settlement was sufficient enough to reward him for being the man who transformed the club from being a shit home to failure into the wonderful entity it is now.

I think we owe him a huge debt and I also believe we would have had as good a start if he were still manager. I like him a lot.

However, without going over old ground, I also believe he made a big error of judgment which led to his dismissal.

I also believe he made a big error of judgment which led to his dismissal.
The only thing that I believe is that I haven't got the first notion about why he was dismissed nor do I have any clue about what errors of judgement he may, or may not, have made.

When and how exactly was he "behaving like a twat"?

Good point.
So far as I am concerned the only time he behaved stupidly was in one totally unimportant press conference.
The "strangling" business was a total misrepresentation by Match of the Day.
The incident with the fan was the fans fault and when Nigel answered the fan he was certainly speaking for me.

I would guess that fans of other clubs the size of Leicester - Forest, Derby, Leeds, Ipswich, Wolves - wish their managers had been twats like Nigel Pearson.

Of course the interviews on football programmes are very matey and the questions invite non-answers. They should have asked:
"Did the Thai sex tape play a part in you being sacked?"
"Had the board expressed concerns to you over the way you were doing the job"
"Did the replacement of Terry Robinson by Jon Rudkin weaken your position at the club?"

Of course the interviews on football programmes are very matey and the questions invite non-answers. They should have asked:
"Did the Thai sex tape play a part in you being sacked?"
"Had the board expressed concerns to you over the way you were doing the job"
"Did the replacement of Terry Robinson by Jon Rudkin weaken your position at the club?"

I'd add. "Were the women involved in these unsavoury incidents picked up by the players themselves or procured for them by the club or King Power?"

I'd add. "Were the women involved in these unsavoury incidents picked up by the players themselves or procured for them by the club or King Power?"

Pretty irrelevant question.

"Did you want a totally disproportionate share of the 'staying up bonus' for your son despite the fact that his contribution to staying up was 10 minutes as a sub in one game?"

Where the **** do you get your hair cut?

Personally I think that Pearson's back room team being happy to stay when he left rather than following him out the door is an indicator that he deserved his dismissal.

Although it will be interesting to see if anybody goes when Pearson gets a new job.

Personally I think that Pearson's back room team being happy to stay when he left rather than following him out the door is an indicator that he deserved his dismissal.

They might not have agreed with the sacking, but they'd be in breach of contract if they'd just walked out, and the club could have taken legal action against them.

Plus they probably like being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670