Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawsley

I really enjoy David's posts like this one too. It's like he refuses to get too worked up and I can imagine every post being made with a nice cup of tea as refreshment, while he ponders life as a City fan.

Nonsense. I watch Coronation Street: all old people are off their tits on hash brownies. It must be ture, it's on the tele.

spionfox

Nonsense. I watch Coronation Street: all old people are off their tits on hash brownies. It must be ture, it's on the tele.

When Rita gets high she'll make a pass at Norris. You'll see, part two in 14 minutes!

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I really enjoy David's posts like this one too. It's like he refuses to get too worked up and I can imagine every post being made with a nice cup of tea as refreshment, while he ponders life as a City fan.

David seems to have worked out that this is the only way to stay sane. Looking at some of the rantings hereabouts, I worry about the lives of some people. Far better to sit back, observe what is happening, enjoy the good times and try not to get too upset about the bad ones.

Sill wondering why I've bought a ticket for Brighton though.

Graz

Getting Poyet would be a very good move; no one on here mentioned him. I wouldn't have thought he'd want to come!

I hate myself for considering who's next though, as I still think we should stick with Pearson.... but my belief has fallen a long way after the 2 Easter games!

spionfox

Stop panicking everyone. It's OK because Zak and Lloyd are featured on the April page of the official calendar.

Graz

"Freelance journalist" on Twitter, who says he works for a well-known sports broadcaster (and correctly called Warnock leaving this weekend) tweeted last night about NP having a meeting with senior officials in the club today. https://twitter.com/indykaila

Said concerns over the mood in the camp and senior players had enough of his ego and him blaming them for his shortcomings...

Biffa Bacon

"Freelance journalist" on Twitter, who says he works for a well-known sports broadcaster (and correctly called Warnock leaving this weekend) tweeted last night about NP having a meeting with senior officials in the club today. https://twitter.com/indykaila

Said concerns over the mood in the camp and senior players had enough of his ego and him blaming them for his shortcomings...

Good one that, I'm sure these 'senior' players are only incapable of the basic skills required because Nigel is a nasty, egotistical bully. 3 players were ok yesterday IMO, Kasper, Liam and Jeff, the rest didn't even put in the bare minimum effort in the first half.

Fox From The Hudd

I can't help thinking there's something in that rumour...

I will get slaughtered if I mention Beckford, Danns, SSL etc but it's a common thread...

I also have it on very good authority (albeit very biased) that Konch has a major issue with NP's style - as he's been garbage for the last few games who knows what's happened...

Last edited by a moderator:

drew

Wouldn't be the first time players have performed poorly to get a manager the sack.

Biffa Bacon

Wouldn't be the first time players have performed poorly to get a manager the sack.

You'd guess the whole squad will be up for major bonus payments if we go up, playing badly to get the manager sacked thus missing out on the bonus and reducing your chance of getting a new contract or move would be the action of a moron so it's quite likely some of our players would do it.

Han

He can **** off and retire.

Does NP tell him to do a kamikaze push giving away a penalty when 2-0? ****ing idiot with zero brain.

It was a very Whitbread-esque challenge!

I don't really want NP to go because he's been the best manager here in years. A new manager may come in and give us that nudge over the finishing line but I fear for another summer of major change.

On the other issue, lets not kid ourselves that Danns, Beckford or St Ledger are actually any good. Maybe they didn't like being told that their wages were well above their grade.

Fox From The Hudd

On the other issue, lets not kid ourselves that Danns, Beckford or St Ledger are actually any good. Maybe they didn't like being told that their wages were well above their grade.

But this is where I have an issue with NP's style - he seems unable to deal with players of a certain age and a certain ego...
You need a balance of characters to create the right blend in any team in any walk of life
He's filled the team with ex Man Utd trainees who can probably relate to his direct "do as I say style" but when it goes wrong what do they do next?
There's no other way thats why we've ended up where we are...
Since he's been here he's signed no-one with any real Premiership experience - does that not tell you something?
We are severely lacking leadership and experience at thje moment and that is because the manager has created an atmosphere where dissent of any kind is punished and I know best is the onl,y mantra.
No wonder the players don't know what to do any more...

Matt_B

But this is where I have an issue with NP's style - he seems unable to deal with players of a certain age and a certain ego...
You need a balance of characters to create the right blend in any team in any walk of life
He's filled the team with ex Man Utd trainees who can probably relate to his direct "do as I say style" but when it goes wrong what do they do next?
There's no other way thats why we've ended up where we are...
Since he's been here he's signed no-one with any real Premiership experience - does that not tell you something?
We are severely lacking leadership and experience at thje moment and that is because the manager has created an atmosphere where dissent of any kind is punished and I know best is the onl,y mantra.
No wonder the players don't know what to do any more...

This whole post is based only on what you've read on an internet forum. Aside from that, if my boss was an arrogant turd I'd still have to do my job, why are footballers so different?

Fox From The Hudd

This whole post is based only on what you've read on an internet forum.

No it's not - I've had a conversation with someone pretty well connected in the world of football and Konchwsky specifically who informed me about NP's style..
If you look back it was the same guy who told me about Chris Wood signing...

Also here's some facts that back up my other points.
1. We are playing really badly
2. NP has got rid of most of experienced players albeit to cut wages and get rid of "troublemakers"
3. Our team is full of ex Man Utd trainees (De Laet, Keane, Drinkwater, James, Marshall...)
4. He hasn't signed anyone with siginificant Premiership experience
5. Strong teams have a mix of characters

By the way if you don't do your job you'll get sacked probably with your notice period paid up - 1 month? 3 months?
What do you think Konch's notice period is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669