Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
That somewhat depends on your definition of the word 'always'.

Tis true...I was trying to suggest it a new phenomenon

certainly since Jimmy Hill stuck his chin in

Some players received extraordinary amounts in the late 20s/ early 30s. Alf Maitland was on £8/week during the season & £6/wk in the off. It was likely that he didn't drive, he was usually too pissed.

I used to work with an ex pro who played 30/40 years ago - he played for his country and appeared for 3 top British clubs - after giving up he had to take a "normal" middle management role...
If he had played at the same level now and achieved as much he would be a multi millionaire...

Its good to see people comment with actual real life examples. Careful though, Willlow doesn't agree and will just call it rubbish.

Personally I think this is all a bit academic because I'm reasonably confident that Pearson will be gone at the end of the season.

Will the next manager be any better? I've no idea. But if we aren't challenging for promotion next season then there will be discontent. This isn't because the majority of fans are signed up for my philosophy - which is something along the lines of 'You are as good as your last 10 minutes'. It's because we dont get the results that the resources justify. This situation is aggravated by the likes of Marshall flashing around their new found wealth whilst their performances individually and collectively remain mediocre.

We've got ourselves into a position where LCFC is seen by players as an easy touch - and they are glad to sign for that reason.

I fully understand that Pearson isn't the sole issue - there is a much deeper cultural problem of too much splashed out in rewards and poor returns.

Last edited:
And just a postscript - Imo Pearson will leave because we look to me like finishing with circa 69 points which wont be enough to make the play offs. Very difficult run in which I'm afraid we wont be able to cope with. Still there is a margin of error here and one additional unexpected win might give us circa 72 points which might allow us to scrape in.

Yes but as you say Reddich scraping in means no momentum.

We need a run of wins and there are very few posters on here who can see when or where this will start.

I hope it starts with Millwall, but in order to do that we will need to sign a strong midfielder. If we don't do that Pearson will need to resort to a 5 man midfield which reduces our attacking options.

We also need Knocky to find his form fast as I believe he is crutial.

Yes but as you say Reddich scraping in means no momentum.

We need a run of wins and there are very few posters on here who can see when or where this will start.

I hope it starts with Millwall, but in order to do that we will need to sign a strong midfielder. If we don't do that Pearson will need to resort to a 5 man midfield which reduces our attacking options.

We also need Knocky to find his form fast as I believe he is crutial.

I quite agree if we could get the momentum back which we had in January then we would probably do it.

As you imply once momentum is lost its difficult to get it back.

The games lost since the end of January included crucially a number that we would have expected to win and given reasonable form over the last two months a play off position would have been more or less in the bag by now and we would well placed to pip Hull, Watford and Palace for 2nd.

As it is I'm afraid that Brighton will and even Bolton m ay overtake us - and I see us finishing between 7th and 9th.

I hope to be proved wrong and that the Mawsleys and Mackies are right - and their their man Nigel makes me look an idiot. No one wants Premier League football at the KP more than me - and preferably before I'm too old to watch it!

As it is I'm afraid that Brighton will and even Bolton m ay overtake us

Bolton's next 4 games are a lot more inviting than ours. I can see them quite easily picking up 10 points and if we slip up, they'll be right on our heels.

I'm actually quite tempted to stick a few quid on Bolton to go up. Despite their slip up last week, they've got more momentum than us and Brighton. If they sneak in, I think they've got a very strong chance in the play offs. We're an outside bet at best.

Too late to get Adkins. He's all set to be named as Reading manager.

I post this with great reluctance.

In over 40 years of supporting City I have never known a situation like this. Of course there have been worse times when we have been fighting relegation but always there a reason. Peter Taylor was a weak man who had lost control, Ian Holloway had not had a close season, Frank McClintock was just not up to the job, Paulo Sousa was delusional, Martin Allen was a madman who had bought sheer rubbish.
Here we have a proven experienced manager who has a team with some very good players (Kasper, De Laet, Morgan, Nugent, Wood) and no bad players (no Malcolm Partridge, Robbie Neilson or Carl Cort) and yet on recent form we must be the worst team in the league.

I gather that the football decisions at board level are made not by Susan Whelan but by Andrew Neville. If he has not done so already he needs to sit down with Nigel. Craig and Steve Sr and listen to them. If their solutions do not impress then I think "a new broom" may be necessary

In over 40 years of supporting City I have never known a situation like this. Of course there have been worse times when we have been fighting relegation but always there a reason. Peter Taylor was a weak man who had lost control, Ian Holloway had not had a close season, Frank McClintock was just not up to the job, Paulo Sousa was delusional, Martin Allen was a madman who had bought sheer rubbish.
Here we have a proven experienced manager who has a team with some very good players (Kasper, De Laet, Morgan, Nugent, Wood) and no bad players (no Malcolm Partridge, Robbie Neilson or Carl Cort) and yet on recent form we must be the worst team in the league.

I gather that the football decisions at board level are made not by Susan Whelan but by Andrew Neville. If he has not done so already he needs to sit down with Nigel. Craig and Steve Sr and listen to them. If their solutions do not impress then I think "a new broom" may be necessary

Love that you can't even bring yourself to spell McLintock correctly :icon_bigg

Any thoughts on David Pleat at all?

That has made my afternoon; thank you David.

That has made my afternoon; thank you David.

I really enjoy David's posts like this one too. It's like he refuses to get too worked up and I can imagine every post being made with a nice cup of tea as refreshment, while he ponders life as a City fan.

Last edited:
I really enjoy David's posts like this one too. It's like he refuses to get too worked up and I can imagine every post being made with a nice cup of tea as refreshment, while he ponders life as a City fan.

I wish I was half as calm as him. I used to find his posts frustratingly long, but I fear I may have misjudged them; they are certainly a high point at the minute.

Love that you can't even bring yourself to spell McLintock correctly :icon_bigg

Any thoughts on David Pleat at all?
I think David G may have kept the thought of Pleat as City manager out of mind as to remember those days could be too upsetting. The day he was sacked was probably the most angry I have been as a City fan, even joining the crowds after that Blackburn game outside the back of the old Main stand to protest for over an hour after the game.
I think had I been at Barnsley today it may have come a close 2nd. When I heard my son on the radio earlier I knew just how he felt. Welcome to the world of LCFC Ross, it will get better, it always does. However it may take a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670