Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot make up my mind as to whether you are being serious here. Nigel Pearson was manager of the month for winning five games in a row: this is impressive but, of no value if the previous and subsequent results are not reasonably good.

Nigel Pearson was the perfect choice when we were relegated to the 1st Division and did not have large funds. He put together a tight group of players - mainly, without a great deal of talent - and used the "they're all against us" psychology to gel the team. This does not work when the club is dripping cash, and this season, one would have to say has been poor.

If Nigel Pearson is such a talented manager, why is he not constantly being linked with other jobs? I believe that you are a fan of some years standing, you must remember the MON days, when every fan held their breath when a Premier League team lost their manager: I have yet to see anyone express concern that Pearson might be on his way to Reading, or any of the other jobs that have come up. Whilst we're on the subject, may we look at another myth; the great players NP has brought to Leicester and Hull? Whilst it is too soon to judge this seasons purchases, where are the Premier League players plucked from his previous Leicester team, or those glittering stars of his Hull days? From what I can see, few of his Hull players even make their first team now....

I do remember those days, didn't fans turn against him after only a hand full of games? At least the naive chanting of a few didn't come back to haunt us, I mean it wasn't like MON held it against us for the rest of his time at the club.

I cannot make up my mind as to whether you are being serious here. Nigel Pearson was manager of the month for winning five games in a row: this is impressive but, of no value if the previous and subsequent results are not reasonably good.

Nigel Pearson was the perfect choice when we were relegated to the 1st Division and did not have large funds. He put together a tight group of players - mainly, without a great deal of talent - and used the "they're all against us" psychology to gel the team. This does not work when the club is dripping cash, and this season, one would have to say has been poor.

If Nigel Pearson is such a talented manager, why is he not constantly being linked with other jobs? I believe that you are a fan of some years standing, you must remember the MON days, when every fan held their breath when a Premier League team lost their manager: I have yet to see anyone express concern that Pearson might be on his way to Reading, or any of the other jobs that have come up. Whilst we're on the subject, may we look at another myth; the great players NP has brought to Leicester and Hull? Whilst it is too soon to judge this seasons purchases, where are the Premier League players plucked from his previous Leicester team, or those glittering stars of his Hull days? From what I can see, few of his Hull players even make their first team now....

Its probably best to check these things out before making yourself look silly:

Liam Rosenior 2012/3 appearances - 27
James Chester 2012/3 appearances - 36
Jack Hobbs 2012/3 appearances - 17 (an ever present before he was injured)
Corry Evans 2012/3 appearances - 27
Robert Koren 2012/3 appearances - 35
Jay Simpson 2012/3 appearances - 35
Joe Dudgeon 2012/3 appearances - 9
Robbie Brady 2012/3 appearances - 24 (signed initially by Pearson on loan which was converted in to a permanent deal after he left)
Matty Fryatt 2012/3 appearances - 0 (injured)

All signed by Pearson.

Incidentally they are all of the players still at Hull that were signed by Pearson.

Last edited:

Robbie Brady 2012/3 appearances - 24 (signed initially by Pearson on loan which was converted in to a permanent deal after he left)

All signed by Pearson.

Incidentally they are all of the players still at Hull that were signed by Pearson.

Yeah but they are all old players with no sell on potential...oh wait...

Regardless of what you think of Pearson the fact remains that many simply can't stand the bloke and don't want him at the club regardless of league position.

Unfortunately this makes for a terrible and negative atmosphere in all aspects of the club, It simply cannot and I'm quite sure will not continue.

I do think Pearson is mainly to blame for this dislike half of the support seem to hold against him, whether it right or not he has at times treated the fans as badly as they have treated him, he has no report with the fans at all, including those who like the bloke.

I simply cannot see how he will continue here after this season.

Regardless of what you think of Pearson the fact remains that many simply can't stand the bloke and don't want him at the club regardless of league position.

Unfortunately this makes for a terrible and negative atmosphere in all aspects of the club, It simply cannot and I'm quite sure will not continue.

I do think Pearson is mainly to blame for this dislike half of the support seem to hold against him, whether it right or not he has at times treated the fans as badly as they have treated him, he has no report with the fans at all, including those who like the bloke.

I simply cannot see how he will continue here after this season.
I guarantee whoever is our next manager, however successful he is there will be a large proportion of the fans that can't stand him.

I guarantee whoever is our next manager, however successful he is there will be a large proportion of the fans that can't stand him.

There will always be people who don't like every manager, however the % of Pearson haters seems to be much higher, possibly down to his stuburn and arrogant attitude towards everyone.

Although our good friends at Forest are proving the theory incorrect at this point in time ;)

There will always be people who don't like every manager, however the % of Pearson haters seems to be much higher, possibly down to his stuburn and arrogant attitude towards everyone.

Although our good friends at Forest are proving the theory incorrect at this point in time ;)

Good point! Billy Davies is without doubt stubborn and arrogant, yet the Forest fans realise he is doing his upmost for the club and getting behind him, even though some can't stand him.

I tend to agree. The word fickle evolved to be used with the words " Leicester Fans " I believe.

'Football fans'

Overpaid players

Over priced Tickets

Loyalty a thing of the past

Celebrity syndrome

The fans have no connection with the teams or the players anymore, it's almost not surprising fans demand success at every turn when you have Ben Marshal driving a Bentley.

Football has sadly gone past the point of no return, I don't think anyone hand on heart can say they love it in it's current state.

And if having all of these things shoved in your face isn't enough, you have an overpaid manager calling you a clown in his usual arrogant style.

This fickleness syndrome is a product of modern football, not the other way round.

Last edited:
Good point! Billy Davies is without doubt stubborn and arrogant, yet the Forest fans realise he is doing his upmost for the club and getting behind him, even though some can't stand him.

Only because he is consistently successful, to date. If you take the arrogant route, as do Billy and Nigel, then you had better not fail - EVER!

All signed by Pearson.

I will happily admit that you have sunk to the despicable level of using facts to destroy one prong of my argument:icon_bigg: I still await someone obliterating the other two points (Nobody wants NP and none/very few of his signings have progressed to a higher level)......

Only because he is consistently successful, to date. If you take the arrogant route, as do Billy and Nigel, then you had better not fail - EVER!

Since when Did Forest get promoted to the Premier League? As far as I can see he has made the Play Offs twice with Forest.

He did get Derby promoted, but then Ian Holloway got Blackpool promoted...

it's almost not surprising fans demand success at every turn when you have Ben Marshal driving a Bentley.

**** me! He doesn't does he? A Bentley?

You'll be telling us next that he has personalised number plates on it too........

**** me! He doesn't does he? A Bentley?

You'll be telling us next that he has personalised number plates on it too........

Regardless of sarcasm it is a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670