Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BN has a good point about Chris Powell's impact. He was bound to move on eventually though.

Pearson needs to get us promoted and he has still got a chance to do that this season. He is bringing together a more youthful side, who have at times, played very well together.

I am not convinced NP will get us up or keep us there if he is successful. I am also not convinced that will would manage to attract anyone better to take us forward and would be willing to give him another season

MON couldn't give much of a shit when he was managing Villa and seemed to lose the will to live during his time at Sunderland - I can't work out what this so-called managerial genius has done of late to warrant being mentioned in connection with a non-existent vacancy.

Erm hello, did you not see his Shepshed Charterhouse side?

OK, I am now awaiting two posts into this thread: the first is someone to have inside information that Sir Alex Ferguson has left Manchester United to take the Leicester job and the second, the post that says we should decline because Nigel Pearson is a better manager! :icon_bigg

Last edited:
OK, I am now awaiting two posts into this thread: the first is someone to have inside information that Sir Alex Ferguson has left Manchester United to take the Leicester job and the second, the post that says we should decline because Nigel Pearson is a better manager! :icon_bigg

I'm more worried about Manure poaching Nigel :icon_wink

I'm more worried about Manure poaching Nigel :icon_wink

Sousa has apparently advised Pearson that it would be a good move to take the role at Old Trafford, watch this space.

I cant believe this is still a debate. Np has been here for 3 full seasons. Promoted as League 1 Champions in the first season. Play off semi finalists in the 2nd season and now in the playoffs again in his 3rd full season.

Bring back Sven, Holloway, Allen, Sousa, Megson, Kelly, Levein, Worthington or continue with another conveyor belt of false messiahs and for what ? For the NP moaners, what do you want? For Brown Nose who predicted a mediocre mid-table finish after the first five games, you should be ecstatic. the team have exceeded your expectations for the season and yet you are still not happy.

I say, carry on Nigel, keep up the good work. No doubt, if we go up and finish in the top 10, there will be those moaning we should be in Europe.

For those calling for Nigels head....be careful what you wish for.....Steve Mclaren might be available...

Our results in the last 17 games of the regular season has not in any way exceeded my expectations.

If we are in the Premier League our (realistic) expectations would be the same as Sunderland and West Brom - avoid relegation and anything above that is a bonus. In the Championship our (realistic) expectations should be to achieve promotion and anything less than that is a failure. I'm assuming this would be the same expectations for Sunderland and West Brom.

I cant believe this is still a debate. Np has been here for 3 full seasons. Promoted as League 1 Champions in the first season. Play off semi finalists in the 2nd season and now in the playoffs again in his 3rd full season.

Bring back Sven, Holloway, Allen, Sousa, Megson, Kelly, Levein, Worthington or continue with another conveyor belt of false messiahs and for what ? For the NP moaners, what do you want? For Brown Nose who predicted a mediocre mid-table finish after the first five games, you should be ecstatic. the team have exceeded your expectations for the season and yet you are still not happy.

I say, carry on Nigel, keep up the good work. No doubt, if we go up and finish in the top 10, there will be those moaning we should be in Europe.

For those calling for Nigels head....be careful what you wish for.....Steve Mclaren might be available...

Always spot on you are... You'll do for me Richrichywoowoo.

Our results in the last 17 games of the regular season has not in any way exceeded my expectations.

What about just the last match? Did that first league win there in how ever many years exceed your expectations?

Is 17 a special number? Is it the yardstick all managers should now be measured by?

What about the 17 games before that?

Rich has firmly hit the nail on the head. Richywitchywoo, indeed.

Top post, Sir!!!!!

Obviously we don't include the Forest match in the 'last 17' - but do we include tonight's result or not?

Only lost 1 in 7, but don't think that counts either.

Honestly, Glyn, I've found this season more confusing than any previous season. Either people are just making stuff up or I am really starting my third age.

I've been critical of NP
I've talked at length about how few points we've got from the last however games...

BUT...

We've been absolutely brilliant when it's really mattered against Bolton, Forest and Watford...

I honestly think I'm going to see City at Wembley for the 8th time and for that I thank NP and his team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566