Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we should have got rid of him before the Forest match but now I think Pearson is the greatest manager ever.

Totally agree especially when he has had another summer to move on some more of the wasters and bring in more of his own. Nigel you are undervalued and under appreciated lets hope the decision makers at the KP realise how lucky we are to have him

You sack a manager now, what does it say to other potential managers? That is a problem. The job becomes poisoned. Only your Ian Dowies and Phil Browns want it then.

Last edited:
There is a fourth option available not offered by the orginal poll - We get promoted and Pearson gets sacked...

Leicester in The Premiership with a "war chest" of money would surely make us far more desirable to the "better" candidates currently available e.g. MON or RDM...

There is a fourth option available not offered by the orginal poll - We get promoted and Pearson gets sacked...

Leicester in The Premiership with a "war chest" of money would surely make us far more desirable to the "better" candidates currently available e.g. MON or RDM...

Sends a great message though. Achieve your goals and you're ****ed anyway. I think it's called the Benitez method.

Sends a great message though. Achieve your goals and you're ****ed anyway. I think it's called the Benitez method.

Indeed true...

But our great run until February raised very high expectations and going into The Premier League with a set up that has lost 16 games in The Championship might be questioned....

MON couldn't give much of a shit when he was managing Villa and seemed to lose the will to live during his time at Sunderland - I can't work out what this so-called managerial genius has done of late to warrant being mentioned in connection with a non-existent vacancy.

NP has had 3 full seasons here 1 promotion albeit from the 3rd division, and twice reached the championship play-offs. compare that to the lean years we had before that.

NP has had 3 full seasons here 1 promotion albeit from the 3rd division, and twice reached the championship play-offs. compare that to the lean years we had before that.

Exactly! Crazy to think that there is even any argument over it. It would be absolutely crazy.

No one else has had us even close.

Whatever the eventual outcome of the season Pearson should go.

MON couldn't give much of a shit when he was managing Villa and seemed to lose the will to live during his time at Sunderland - I can't work out what this so-called managerial genius has done of late to warrant being mentioned in connection with a non-existent vacancy.

Very well said. I don't think Pearson is the future but I certainly wouldn't replace him with O'Neill or Di Matteo for that matter. IF we get promoted, hiring a manager who failed at a similar sized club with similar expectations to us (Sunderland and West Brom) would not be a sensible move.

Not sure how people think RDM failed at WBA. He took them up, and then had reasonable results with a mediocre team. Yes, he was sacked after a poor run of form, but at the time it was considered a little premature by most, and any promoted team that isn't in the relegation zone is a success imo.

Oh, and he's also won the Champions League. Which I'd probably take. Although all those Tuesday night fixtures would be a pain to watch.

Not sure how people think RDM failed at WBA.

I was thinking the same. I think it just goes to show how unrealistic expectations are if people think we're too good for RDM. Now I can see where the craziness in thinking we should get rid of Pearson comes in!

And we're a similar sized club with similar expectations to West Brom and Sunderland?! Really? Not sure if you've noticed, but we've not been in the Premier League for 10 years!

It's a bloody madhouse.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. I think it just goes to show how unrealistic expectations are if people think we're too good for RDM. Now I can see where the craziness in thinking we should get rid of Pearson comes in!

And we're a similar sized club with similar expectations to West Brom and Sunderland?! Really? Not sure if you've noticed, but we've not been in the Premier League for 10 years!

It's a bloody madhouse.

Hallelujah!

I'd certainly much rather trust Pearson than MON in the transfer market with a "war chest" right now, that's for sure. He was largely a disaster in the transfer market at Villa and Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566