Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

In his 3 full seasons with us he's achieved the League 1 title and 2 play offs, possibly more. Would be a huge mistake to sack him IMO.

Totally agree especially when he has had another summer to move on some more of the wasters and bring in more of his own. Nigel you are undervalued and under appreciated lets hope the decision makers at the KP realise how lucky we are to have him

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
PS.If you do go up will you be restricting our visiting hordes again or can we bring the full 10 thousand next year?No drum required for the BIG clubs

How many times do you have to be told that you were not restricted? Your club simply failed to take the full allocation of tickets that were available to you.

Matt_B

Totally agree especially when he has had another summer to move on some more of the wasters and bring in more of his own. Nigel you are undervalued and under appreciated lets hope the decision makers at the KP realise how lucky we are to have him

The excitement shown by the players in the photos also suggests they are happy to be fighting for the cause as well, rather than trying to get NP sacked.

PFKAKTF FOX

The excitement shown by the players in the photos also suggests they are happy to be fighting for the cause as well, rather than trying to get NP sacked.

Agreed, I think the reaction when things haven't quite gone our way in recent weeks has also shown that the majority of the squad are fully behind the management team

LeeCovFox

I've been very critical of Pearson recently but I said a top six finish should earn him another season even without winning the play offs and I stand by it. I wanted him out and thought we had no chance of reaching the play offs. Delighted to be proven wrong. Well done, Nige.

Miles Away

Lee...I agree with that mate. Barring a playoff meltdown.

I'm still not convinced we have properly sorted ourselves out but where there is life there is hope.

Lako42

Forest have Ned Kelly, we have the coward Pearson, didnt even come over to the fans at the end, snog him?

Macky

Gruntled Member
Forest have Ned Kelly, we have the coward Pearson, didnt even come over to the fans at the end, snog him?

What an absolute ****, how dare he not indulge? He should be thraipsing himself in front of everybody, does he not understand how supporters mind's work? Utter shambles, I see why you hate him so much now laky, shocking carry on all together

PFKAKTF FOX

We have had a major wobble since February but we have appeared to regroup and since Brighton away have done ok on the whole, we have achieved our objective and for me that means at least another season, the crucial aspect is that recent performances certainly suggest a togetherness and spirit still remains between the players and management. Hopefully through the summer NP can move out the remaining group of players no longer required and continue his rebuilding job. With hindsight although operating with a large budget Pearson has done a very good job in securing the play offs again considering the transition we are undergoing and the switch from a largely older and more experienced group of players to a far younger team.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Last edited:

cafe

Hull Troll
Credit where credit is due.You only finished 11(eleven) points behind us.Extend that man"s contract.
You know I am an idiot-I keep reading the footy news on the BBC Championship section.None of my business.Sorry for intruding.
Is 120 million much more than 100 million?
We might take a look at Schlupp apparently

Matt_B

Credit where credit is due.You only finished 11(eleven) points behind us.Extend that man"s contract.
You know I am an idiot-I keep reading the footy news on the BBC Championship section.None of my business.Sorry for intruding.
Is 120 million much more than 100 million?
We might take a look at Schlupp apparently

If your aspirations for the Premier League include Schlupp then I fear youAyers beat Derby's record!

Brown Nose

Uh oh, the NP apologists are back.

So the random factors such as Bolton bottling it in the second half or Florist leaving one defender to mark four of our attackers in injury time makes all the difference to the future direction of our club, does it?

Is it not of significance that yet another one of our senior players is currently banned from the club for daring to question the arrogant prick (the issue has been widely reported elsewhere)? What about the fact that we've continually shown relegation form for several months now? What about the routinely absurd selections, tactical ignorance, bizarre substitutions and gutless, small minded behaviour (snubbing RL again yesterday because IS dared to challenge him the previous week)?

We have a significantly better squad than anyone else in the play offs and, for me, much better than Hull and, at least, on a par with Cardiff. Our wage bill and financial edge also gives us a clear advantage over most. Yet we're to be grateful for scrambling for a play off place? Just like the last time he was here, we've reached the play offs with a divided squad largely because of the incompetence of one man (together with his utterly pointless assistant Shakespeare). This will be a much bigger obstacle for our players than Watford, and potentially Brighton/Palace.

Make no mistake, win or lose, after these play offs, he needs to be sacked immediately afterwards. I cheered as much as anyone yesterday but along with most other supporters, I wasn't singing our managers name. We can do much, much better than him in the Championship, let alone the Premier League. Yesterday changes nothing in that regard.

The first time he was our manager he did a good job in League One and for the bulk of the first Championship season. But his deficiencies had been exposed by the end of that season, which in part, led to him being replaced. Far too little is also made of the fact that we had Chris Powell as our main coach during this period and his impact on our performances and achievements is undervalued by foggy minds. One of NPs key failings since his return has been not appointing a first team coach worthy of the name. If NP could be big enough to recognise this factor and adequately address it, he may be worthy of a bit more time. However, his ignorance is his main deficiency and throughout his managerial career, will inhibit him. By means of comparison, he chooses the ultimate managerial arrogance of signing his own son instead.

Matt_B

So the random factors such as Bolton bottling it in the second half or Florist leaving one defender to mark four of our attackers in injury time makes all the difference to the future direction of our club, does it?

Is it not of significance that yet another one of our senior players is currently banned from the club for daring to question the arrogant prick (the issue has been widely reported elsewhere)? What about the fact that we've continually shown relegation form for several months now? What about the routinely absurd selections, tactical ignorance, bizarre substitutions and gutless, small minded behaviour (snubbing RL again yesterday because IS dared to challenge him the previous week)?

We have a significantly better squad than anyone else in the play offs and, for me, much better than Hull and, at least, on a par with Cardiff. Our wage bill and financial edge also gives us a clear advantage over most. Yet we're to be grateful for scrambling for a play off place? Just like the last time he was here, we've reached the play offs with a divided squad largely because of the incompetence of one man (together with his utterly pointless assistant Shakespeare). This will be a much bigger obstacle for our players than Watford, and potentially Brighton/Palace.

Make no mistake, win or lose, after these play offs, he needs to be sacked immediately afterwards. I cheered as much as anyone yesterday but along with most other supporters, I wasn't singing our managers name. We can do much, much better than him in the Championship, let alone the Premier League. Yesterday changes nothing in that regard.

The first time he was our manager he did a good job in League One and for the bulk of the first Championship season. But his deficiencies had been exposed by the end of that season, which in part, led to him being replaced. Far too little is also made of the fact that we had Chris Powell as our main coach during this period and his impact on our performances and achievements is undervalued by foggy minds. One of NPs key failings since his return has been not appointing a first team coach worthy of the name. If NP could be big enough to recognise this factor and adequately address it, he may be worthy of a bit more time. However, his ignorance is his main deficiency and throughout his managerial career, will inhibit him. By means of comparison, he chooses the ultimate managerial arrogance of signing his own son instead.

Wait, hang on, you DON'T like Pearson?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

And loads more

You couldn't leave it even 24 hours, could you?

Over 400 words of stuff that you have told us again and again. Copy-and-paste could be your friend.

Macky

Gruntled Member

tl;dr

The Old Fox

Wait, hang on, you DON'T like Pearson?

Fair play to you, sir: you have supported Pearson through the appalling run and deserve your moment in the sun. I am annoyed by those who were saying, before the Forest game, that Pearson should go, but now believe him to be the greatest football manager, ever.

Were this to be any other club, it would be interesting to leave Pearson in control and watch him crash and burn (in my opinion) when he faces a more competitive Championship next season; but it isn't. I am genuinely fearful that we could become a Portsmouth, without the joy of a Cup win and Premier League run. Our points total for the last three seasons have been remarkably consistent (67, 66 & 68 points) - we are not progressing and, with our level of expenditure, we either go forward, or fold.

Incidentally, I have yet to see anyone, in this thread, suggesting that we might win the play-off's. The view seems to be that we have done well to get there, and next year we'll be an even better Championship Club: hardly a ringing endorsement of the manager.

Blaarev

Fair play to you, sir: you have supported Pearson through the appalling run and deserve your moment in the sun. I am annoyed by those who were saying, before the Forest game, that Pearson should go, but now believe him to be the greatest football manager, ever.

Were this to be any other club, it would be interesting to leave Pearson in control and watch him crash and burn (in my opinion) when he faces a more competitive Championship next season; but it isn't. I am genuinely fearful that we could become a Portsmouth, without the joy of a Cup win and Premier League run. Our points total for the last three seasons have been remarkably consistent (67, 66 & 68 points) - we are not progressing and, with our level of expenditure, we either go forward, or fold.

Incidentally, I have yet to see anyone, in this thread, suggesting that we might win the play-off's. The view seems to be that we have done well to get there, and next year we'll be an even better Championship Club: hardly a ringing endorsement of the manager.
we might win the play-offs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673