Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol: He lives in Sheffield you doughnut.
He has lived up here for some time and I gather it's in one of the better areas of Sheffield.
But if he does have a yard sale on I might try and find out the location so can have a good look around. View attachment 2012-11-01 15.56.41.jpg

He could be moving not far over in rotherham if this sign is anything to go by.

Last edited:
No, no, NO!!!!! You must hang on to whatever rubbish manager you have on the off chance that things will turn out differently next season....

I sometimes think that people cling to the idea of keeping a dud manager out of a sense of insecurity - it's sort of like losing a member of the family or a close friend.

Anyway - Pearson has to go - but not yet.

He sounds and his delivery becomes more and more like Mikeh Adams. Adams became exposed as a very likeable one trick pony who has now found his level in the lower leagues. My guess is that Nigel will finish at a similar level.

I sometimes think that people cling to the idea of keeping a dud manager out of a sense of insecurity - it's sort of like losing a member of the family or a close friend.

Anyway - Pearson has to go - but not yet.

He sounds and his delivery becomes more and more like Mikeh Adams. Adams became exposed as a very likeable one trick pony who has now found his level in the lower leagues. My guess is that Nigel will finish at a similar level.

Do you not think though that some also become too accustomed to the regular chop an change approach and accept it as normal?

Radio 4's Today programme was based in Nottingham (for Budget day, of course (?)) and spoke to a local journalist about the football club's return to Billy Davies.

The discussion followed the predictable, "Clubs should not change their managers" line, the proof being that Forest were doing well with their ex-manager. The Radio 4 chap, seriously said that Chelsea could learn from them! Yes, instead of Champions League, they too could play in the Championship! I wish people would think, rather than spouting perceived wisdom. :102:

Do you not think though that some also become too accustomed to the regular chop an change approach and accept it as normal?

I think we have to understand that being a monstrously paid football manager at this level is a different matter to earning a living doing an ordinary job.
At that level you are expected to deliver positive outcomes and fast - all to an extent dependent on the resources made available.

In that sort of scenario you get found out fairly quickly - you also get burned out very quickly if you are not on top of the agenda.

True one or two special managers have proved that sticking with them in bad times works. But in most cases the fired manager gets re-cycled elsewhere and fails all over again.

It surprises me how the system works - i.e. the same old faces in the same circus.

Radio 4's Today programme was based in Nottingham (for Budget day, of course (?)) and spoke to a local journalist about the football club's return to Billy Davies.

The discussion followed the predictable, "Clubs should not change their managers" line, the proof being that Forest were doing well with their ex-manager. The Radio 4 chap, seriously said that Chelsea could learn from them! Yes, instead of Champions League, they too could play in the Championship! I wish people would think, rather than spouting perceived wisdom. :102:

Yes - people might find it irksome but Chelsea have done well out of "chopping and changing".

If - and it is very unlikely - in the event of us not going up this season and Pearson stays then i would expect a similar let down next season.

As they say if you keep doing the same things then expect to get the same outcomes.

Somebody thinking in the way that you suggest, might think that you believe that all clubs should change their manager regularly and that then all clubs could play in the Champions League.

As they say if you keep doing the same things then expect to get the same outcomes.

And in our case, the thing that we keep doing the same is chopping and changing managers and having the same outcome of getting nowhere

Last edited:
Which is so much better than Manure under SAF and Liverpool under Paisley.

We were in a similar position to you last year in so much as we were in the automatics, but then went out with a whimper in the playoffs. I think holding on to our manager worked out for the best. I may have spoken too soon though.

There's arguments both ways, but you don't build long term with knee jerk reaction.

The Radio 4 chap, seriously said that Chelsea could learn from them! Yes, instead of Champions League, they too could play in the Championship! I wish people would think, rather than spouting perceived wisdom. :102:

So why have Manchester United managed to surpass Chelsea's honours since the Londoners have spent money galore?

Using one of those clubs as a comparison to Leicester is poor. They have the capabilities of signing world class players. Cardiff's situation last season and now is a far better example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669